Harvey Barnes

khay

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

£80m on English wingers that don’t make the England squad. 

Do wonder if we could've just signed an £80m winger instead of the both of them.

45 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Its like Platoon in here

"a civil war in the platoon, half the men with Elias (ASM), half with Barnes. There's a lot of suspicion and hate. I can't believe we're fighting each other'

Yeah, but I'm stoned out of my mind and singing Motown tunes.

Not sure who would fit in the "80m winger" category. Kvaradona is 20m+ North of that. Chiesa before the injuries. Thought of Musiala who's class but maybe more of a 10? I'm sure there's a fair few I can't think of. Raphinha probably would be the one, though he'd cost less than that surely

Edited by LionOfGosforth

Hopefully he protects his fb well and we can get rid of burn at lb.

If we can get someone who can thread him, cut inside behind him and cross deep...left wing became a lot more interesting.

Doing my best to get on board with this. 

Surprised at the lukewarm-ness of this thread.

I really rate Barnes. Decent coaching instead of Rodgers sat with his feet up, coasting and waiting for the pay off will make the difference here.

4 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

Good job that isn't the deal then.

4 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Good job we’re not doing that then. You’ve literally latched on to the lowest asm quote and the highest barnes quote to prove some point.

:mung:

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I’m still hopeful of a Chiesa loan to buy or sneak Raphina in at the end 

I hope so as technically we've not added bodies to the squad with this deal.

Good player to have in the squad. Just like Almiron and Gordon, but hardly taking us to a new level. The foundation is getting better now, but I miss the x-factor. It's still early in the project, so I think this will be very good in 2-3 years. Stones are piled on stones here.

4 minutes ago, duo said:

I hope so as technically we've not added bodies to the squad with this deal.

Technically no but practically yes. Maxi was in a cycle of injury, getting back to match fitness with indifferent performances, and then a period of good/great performances before the inevitable injury.

1 minute ago, Krabbe2 said:

Good player to have in the squad. Just like Almiron and Gordon, but hardly taking us to a new level. The foundation is getting better now, but I miss the x-factor. It's still early in the project, so I think this will be very good in 2-3 years. Stones are piled on stones here.

Did isaks dribble in from the touch line not give you the X factor, did Murphys goal against spurs or any of miggys goals, the spurs game in general or the Brighton or hammering West Ham? There was a lot of X factor moments last season and I haven’t even mentioned Wilson’s amazing end to the season.

99% of what’s happened since Howe came in has been fantastic but there’s always give and take - this is the first sacrifice we’ve had to make in the transfer market and I suggest we more Positive.

Totally accept the debates around specifics but got to say I'm loving NUFC deliberately trying to better itself every single transfer window. What a novelty.

Couple more and we're in very decent nick. Starting to think LB might not be on the cards, which is a shame but I can live with it. CB essential though. 

21 minutes ago, brummie said:

I really rate Barnes. Decent coaching instead of Rodgers sat with his feet up, coasting and waiting for the pay off will make the difference here.

Think it’s just selling Maxi has people a little rattled. If we’d just announced this transfer alone I think people would be 99% stoked about it. 

25 minutes ago, brummie said:

Agreed - in barnes and miggy we have two wingers that’s scored 24 goals last season. Bearing in mind the chances are from the offset a lot of teams will sit deep then I think this is huge for us.

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Did isaks dribble in from the touch line not give you the X factor, did Murphys goal against spurs or any of miggys goals, the spurs game in general or the Brighton or hammering West Ham? There was a lot of X factor moments last season and I haven’t even mentioned Wilson’s amazing end to the season.

99% of what’s happened since Howe came in has been fantastic but there’s always give and take - this is the first sacrifice we’ve had to make in the transfer market and I suggest we more Positive.

Isak's dribbles are a sight to behold. Makes one or two miss then delivers a great ball.

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Totally accept the debates around specifics but got to say I'm loving NUFC deliberately trying to better itself every single transfer window. What a novelty.

Couple more and we're in very decent nick. Starting to think LB might not be on the cards, which is a shame but I can live with it. CB essential though. 

If we add Disasi then this window has been unbelievable IMO