Harvey Barnes

khay

I’m sure he’ll come good and offer us a lot, but j can’t help but feel that I’d rather have seen us spend the money on a creative RW. Perhaps no good ones that we liked were available. Mostly because I feel that he won’t offer that much in general play. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Disco said:

Isak and Hall are options depending on the opposition assuming the Joe’s are oot.

Think isak is definitely. Howe said in his post match presser that he sees Hall best position at left back and at a push centre mid

Could always unleash the Murph

On 17/09/2023 at 11:21, Lenny said:

From the clips I'd seem prior to his signing, my interpretation was relatively the opposite in that he'd be more effect against the low block due to his tendency to play one-two passes and make direct runs into the box, something I feel would be more successful than a player that tries to dribble through the opposition, as they'll be overcome by the numbers.

ASM, for example, sadly isn't overly suited to the play style of a team such as ours that likes to sit a lot higher up the pitch, and therefore has significantly less space in front of them to exploit.

Barnes needs to get to know his team mates to build an understanding, after which I think he'll be very productive.

Disagree a bit here.

Players that are great 1v1 are good against low blocks. Because they can win their duels and create space for themselves. That's why Pep has prioritised dribbley wingers in recent seasons. Mahez, Grealish, Silva & Doku are elite ball carriers that are a major problem 1v1. Players more reliant on pace and space like a 1-2  are easier to defend in a low-block. You can see it coming and stop it. 1v1 against an elite dribbler, you're in trouble.