Harvey Barnes

khay

Wonder how he did it? Strange injury.

Bit like when Tripps came in and immediately broke his foot. 

Gutted for the lad, he looked upset when going off. Their careers are short at the best of times and it's a nightmare thing to happen when you join a new club. Happens to most of our signings though so I reckon he will be fine! 

2 hours ago, Lish007 said:

Gutted for the lad, he looked upset when going off. Their careers are short at the best of times and it's a nightmare thing to happen when you join a new club. Happens to most of our signings though so I reckon he will be fine! 

My guess is flexor tendon related and happened when he went to push off and accelerate. Tendon inserts/connects just under the toe and acts to bend the toe or push off in running action. I’ve seen similar type stuff in clinic but not elite sportsman obviously. 

4 hours ago, Lish007 said:

Without wanting to derail this thread ? Never really agree with the short career narrative. Footballer’s basically can have a  20-25 year stint as a player alone. Then there’s other jobs in football. I don’t think I know anyone in a normal walk of live having the same job anywhere near 20-25 years.

20 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Without wanting to derail this thread ? Never really agree with the short career narrative. Footballer’s basically can have a  20-25 year stint as a player alone. Then there’s other jobs in football. I don’t think I know anyone in a normal walk of live having the same job anywhere near 20-25 years.

35yrs and counting for me.

6 hours ago, LFEE said:

That an Willock back in training with an outside chance of making PSG apparently.

That's really important. Gordon's been in the best form of his career, but he's going to need some rest over the next couple of weeks, it wasn't the best time for Barnes to get an injury from a team POV, and of course it's rotten luck for him personally as well.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Same job type, 3 different company's. 41 yrs so far [emoji38]

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I worked at your old place for 20 years and in December, I'll have been twenty years in my present job.

7 hours ago, LFEE said:

That an Willock back in training with an outside chance of making PSG apparently.

Howe said he isnt training with the team. Mid-end of October and then get his fitness back. Probably early November before he is fully back.

6 hours ago, Lish007 said:

Wasn't the Trippier one caused by Fat John McGinn kicking him? It's incredible how in each of the last 3 seasons a big signing has got injured almost instantly and missed 3 months - Trippier, Isak, now Barnes.

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

33 years and counting.

14 hours ago, LFEE said:

Yeah I'm talking about when they're at the top of their game - fighting for trophies etc etc. It doesn't happen to many of them and when it does happen, you may only get a few years doing it. I'm sure most footballers would play forever if their bodies allowed. It just has a finite ending even if you didn't want it to. Unlike most of our careers which seem to drag on forever haha