Harvey Barnes

khay

22 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Looked good on the right, surely has to start there unless we pull a rabbit out the hat late on.

Did well second half but you’d hope if they start both him and Gordon they’d both have a little run on each side. The way they play they’re fairly interchangeable so you’d hope it wouldn’t impact patterns from the rest of the team too much either.

I thought he looked like he could do a job on the right. But you could tell it’s was not natural to him. But still looked dangerous. 

Just now, khay said:

I thought he looked like he could do a job on the right. But you could tell it’s was not natural to him. But still looked dangerous. 

His crossing was nice, his cutting back to shoot is obviously not as effective on the right but I’d prefer to sacrifice Barnes playing on his favoured side to allow Gordon to play on his favoured side and have them both in the team 

Feels like he's playing for his career at the moment, in the best sense. Felt like he was too within himself last season, like he was trying to be a good boy and double checking everything he did was the right move. Now he's just going for it a lot more and it's working well for him.

He's odd player in many respects. He doesn't have much skill in the traditional sense but he's such a mature user of the ball. There's no faff.

He's also a good decision maker. Passes at the right time, shoots at the right time, holds onto the ball when he needs to. Loved that little dinked cross to the back post, from the right touchline . I see no reason why he wouldn't be better than Murphy or Almiron there.

Yesterday he looked way fitter. He burst past their left back, which I've never really seen him do.

There's also a connection between him and Tino that looked like it had legs.

Really want him to do well. Especially after all the needless shite I've seen about him.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Like I said, I was worried about him in pre-season but he looks a lot quicker and sharper now.

I think he looks slower when we are used to seeing Gordon. :lol:

Ruthless finish. Wasn’t far away with the curler and was also a world class Dragusin tackle away from getting in behind. Purposeful with his runs and happy to take on his man. 

Massive from him today, I thought. Hope he gets a run in the side now. 

What a ridiculously good striker of the ball he is, if he gets the ball anywhere within twenty yard with some space it’s a likely goal. That’s why we bought him, need to play to his strengths