Harvey Barnes

khay

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

This lad can bloody finish

Finish? If you watched from the angle directly behind him, it was probably two yards wide at one point before curling in past a helpless keeper. :lol:

That was a glorious strike.

Interesting (and obvious) comparison with Ginola given the goal and strip. 

Completely different type of players obviously, but interesting that he’s already scored more for us than Ginola did.

Nice bit of tempo change to get past the two defenders before the goal, very similar to the way Joelinton made space for himself to play Murphy through against Spurs. 

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Nice bit of tempo change to get past the two defenders before the goal, very similar to the way Joelinton made space for himself to play Murphy through against Spurs. 

I knew as soon as he cut inside there was a chance.  He nailed it.

6 hours ago, SteV said:

Interesting (and obvious) comparison with Ginola given the goal and strip. 

Completely different type of players obviously, but interesting that he’s already scored more for us than Ginola did.

Barnes needs one more to match big Dunc and Matt Ritchie, the corner flag killer. Schar is now level on Prem goals for us with Andy Carroll.

Thanks to Schar, Steven Taylor is no longer our best goalscoring defender (Prem era).

https://www.11v11.com/teams/newcastle-united/tab/stats/option/scorers/

Here's the Harvey Barnes for NUFC Prem League shot map.

harveybarnesshotmap.thumb.png.7871bfafe07df892c2fe8d37060133b4.png

Green is goals, blue is saves, red is missed, purple is blocked. Circle size is xG. Six yard box one is the header against Brentford.

Easiest thing to forget is that he's only played 891 total minutes for us in the Prem, less than 10 complete games. I'm sure he leads the league in goals as a sub in that period.

12 hours ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Can someone crunch the numbers on whether he's scored more from outside the box than inside of it for us so far [emoji38]

Hold up let me do a number crunch real quick; I’m getting 33.3%, recurring of course. 

9 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Proper celebrated the goal. Lost it.

Same. Was in the pub with an Arsenal supporting mate. He went as mad as I did when it went in :lol: probably just happy to have a bit of quality in the game. 

46 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Great goal.  

He has to start imo and he has to start on the left. 

I mentioned before he has certain ‘spots’ and he can’t get to them from the right. 

Agree with this. We really lose more from having Murphy/Almiron on the right and Gordon left. Than moving Gordon across to accommodate Barnes. 

His numbers and ruthless efficiency just means he has to be starting and in his preferred position.