Harvey Barnes

khay

14 minutes ago, mush said:

Gonna be saying "Harvey Barnes oooooooooh" all night tonight :lol:

hahahaha this is fantastic. Gotta be incorporated into a chant. 

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He wins games when he's not on it. Sort of player who could do nothing, but then score a goal out of nothing like that. 

By "not on it", I mean in front of goal. If he's low on confidence or missing chances he can look otherwise fairly average, we saw this a bit during his last couple of games prior to his most recent injury, and he's definitely had spells like that for Leicester too. 

He'll always drift in and out of games, but fan opinion of him will sway up and down based on his confidence in front of goal imo. 

Definitely not a criticism as I like a purely-effective winger (hence the Robert comparison in my previous post), but I think we'll see very polarised takes on him in this thread during his time here. 

12 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Loved the finish for his first more than the second. He's sensationally lethal.

I mean I don't believe for a second he was trying to nutmeg the keeper on that goal :lol:

Was a fair bit of luck involved there IMO.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Anyone got Barnes's goals to minutes for this season ?

A goal for every 95 minutes. A goal contribution for every 76 minutes.

34 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Pointless signing :lol:

Still baffles the fuck out of me that one :lol:

A team with limited goals from the wing, bringing in a goalscoring winger = pointless :lol:

31 minutes ago, Shak said:

I mean I don't believe for a second he was trying to nutmeg the keeper on that goal :lol:

Was a fair bit of luck involved there IMO.

I don’t know but it is a common thing when keepers are rushing out 1on1. They aim to make themselves as big as they can and the nutmeg finish is always there. I know of a few clinical finishers who definitely do it on purpose in those instances where the keeper has to run out and basically do the splits. Hard to tell if it was intentional here. Was half thinking he was going to put Gordon in for a tap in. Glad it went in 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He is boring TBF, he’s just very efficient and doesn’t bother doing anything that’s unnecessary. 

[emoji38] he can bore the fuck out of me all day long! 

IMG_1608.thumb.png.bcc24414154923cf176cceb7afb70917.png

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

[emoji38] he can bore the fuck out of me all day long! 

IMG_1608.thumb.png.bcc24414154923cf176cceb7afb70917.png

bore1

/bɔː/

verb

verb: bore; 3rd person present: bores; past tense: bored; past participle: bored; gerund or present participle: boring

make (a hole) in something with a tool

:coolsmiley:

I watched him quite a bit when he was at Leicester. He isn’t flashy but he’s got great technique. Could fill in as a striker. Loves a 1-2 then opening his body up and tucking it away far post 60% of his goals are exactly that. Kind of like a right footed Almiron but he can finish consistently. He plays more narrow and isn’t quite as industrious as Miggy. Can’t remember the last time we had a winger with consistent end product. 

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He is boring TBF, he’s just very efficient and doesn’t bother doing anything that’s unnecessary. 

I mean even in his post-match interview he's boring, but I'll gladly take goals and goal contributions over step overs any day.