Harvey Barnes

khay

I'm not sure about Gordon through the middle to be honest. I do want to see him right wing with Barnes on the left, though.

Just now, HawK said:

I'm not sure about Gordon through the middle to be honest. I do want to see him right wing with Barnes on the left, though.

They both are most effective on the left. Getting a top class RW in the summer would be ideal as we could rotate them as necessary and keep Almiron as back up. Sell Murphy to a championship play off standard team whilst he still has some value.

Just now, Beth said:

They both are most effective on the left. Getting a top class RW in the summer would be ideal as we could rotate them as necessary and keep Almiron as back up. Sell Murphy to a championship play off standard team whilst he still has some value.

Yeah I don't disagree, but we've got 9 or so games left to go this season

Absolutely love him - knows his limitations. There was a moment in the Luton game where he was playing on the right wing. He received the ball, thought he might maraud forward and bring the play up a little, said fuck that, passed the ball back to Trippier and next thing I know he's left wing/CF slotting that goal away. 

Woke up to a push notification from Twitter that was a fake Newcastle United tweet announcing an ACL injury for him. Can't stand April Fools (or Elon Musk).

Always impressed by this lad. Ruthlessly effective.

Counts as an assist in my book tonight - can't believe Isak managed to miss that.

Edit - 2 assists [emoji38]

Edited by Sean

I thought he was really good for 60-70

minutes or so. But then faded out of the game, the same as Isak. But we did struggle to build any meaningful attacks towards the end of the second half.  

38 minutes ago, Sean said:

Always impressed by this lad. Ruthlessly effective.

Counts as an assist in my book tonight - can't believe Isak managed to miss that.

Edit - 2 assists [emoji38]

Would have been a third if that incredible run and cut back had been put away by Isak. It was literally teed up for him six yards out. Would have been the definition of end product - other than actually scoring that is.

Just now, Holloway said:

Useful aye, but out of ya seat, nah 

I hear you but rather useful with above average end product than out ya seat with below average end product.

I am convinced in the long term he will be a clear and obvious improvement on ASM.

8 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I hear you but rather useful with above average end product than out ya seat with below average end product.

I am convinced in the long term he will be a clear and obvious improvement on ASM.

Very well put, I've no doubt he will be an asset going forward 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I thought he was really good for 60-70

minutes or so. But then faded out of the game, the same as Isak. But we did struggle to build any meaningful attacks towards the end of the second half.  

Absolutely skinned Tarkowski to put it on a plate for Isak.  He should have scored - giving Barnes two assists.  

1 minute ago, duo said:

Absolutely skinned Tarkowski to put it on a plate for Isak.  He should have scored - giving Barnes two assists.  

Yep. Said as much in the Isak thread that he should be burying that. 

Hope Barnes can stay fit and start most the games between now and the end of the season. Our xG (sorry) :lol: would improves massively. 

I like him, he's definitely going to be one of them players who can do nothing for a large part of the game but he will then pop up with a goal or assist, I cant think of any other winger like him, he's rarely going to have a match where he is constantly running at his man like many wingers do but he will score a lot more goals and get a lot more assists than Maxi ever did for us. Its probably down to his injury but he seems to look better coming off the bench like against Villa, Luton and West Ham than he does when he starts.

Edited by Geogaddi

for someone who's not supposed to be involved in general play much I thought he was last night tbh. 

Most touches in opponent area, second most touches in the attacking third, most progressive passes received, most progressive carries, most carries into the penalty area, most carries into the final third, most key passes and most ball recoveries (loose balls recovered).

Replaced Gordon very well imo. Did enough for me to think we should definitely be trying him on the left with Gordon on the right against Full Ham on Saturday. 

I've still not seen his early chance back.  Looks like a great save from Pickford, but should really be scoring that.  Maybe if it wasn't so early in the game, he buries it.  

He gets an impressive amount of shots off, constantly looks like a goal threat and is chipping in with assists and creating chances.  Such a shame he's missed so much of the season. 

EDIT:  Just seen that chance back.  Pickford narrows the angle really quickly.  But still should do better, IMO.  Hits it straight at him. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

51 minutes ago, Smal said:

for someone who's not supposed to be involved in general play much I thought he was last night tbh. 

Most touches in opponent area, second most touches in the attacking third, most progressive passes received, most progressive carries, most carries into the penalty area, most carries into the final third, most key passes and most ball recoveries (loose balls recovered).

Replaced Gordon very well imo. Did enough for me to think we should definitely be trying him on the left with Gordon on the right against Full Ham on Saturday. 

He was superb first half.  Deceptively quick, as well.  Doesn't seem like he is, but he's great at carrying the ball up the pitch.  Those stats just confirming that.  

Thought he was unreal until he got tired, ran like a dog and was a total nuisance, also was very good and intentional when on the ball

When everyone is fit, LW is by far our strongest position on the pitch