Harvey Barnes

khay

48 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Started brightly in Eddie's two minute spell, misplaced that backheel to Gordon then didn't get a sniff for the remainder

He had a few sniffs but didn't seem to have any ideas he believed he could execute when up against their defenders.

1 hour ago, Holloway said:

Started brightly in Eddie's two minute spell, misplaced that backheel to Gordon then didn't get a sniff for the remainder

Still angry with that back heel decision! Isak would have been free on goal with a simple pass!

7 hours ago, sugoinufc said:

Still angry with that back heel decision! Isak would have been free on goal with a simple pass!

From what I've seen of him this season, he can do some strange things in the final third. I remember he made a mess of a big chance or two against Villa on the opening day, because of his decision making. That's the biggest flaw I've seen so far. His decision making still seems much better than that of Almiron though, who will make a mess of it 90% of the time.

Edited by Erikse

22 minutes ago, Erikse said:

From what I've seen of him this season, he can do some strange things in the final third. I remember he made a mess of a big chance or two against Villa on the opening day, because of his decision making. That's the biggest flaw I've seen so far. His decision making still seems much better than that of Almiron though, who will make a mess of it 90% of the time.

I think looking for the pass is definitely a weak link in his game, however I'd back him to score when he does get a chance more than anyone else bar Wilson/Isak.

3 minutes ago, TRC said:

I think looking for the pass is definitely a weak link in his game, however I'd back him to score when he does get a chance more than anyone else bar Wilson/Isak.

From the few things I've seen, I think his delivery is quite good when he does it in the right moments (seen som great crosses), but yeah, the decision making in those moments can be dodgy with him. My 2 cents.

Edited by Erikse

12 minutes ago, Erikse said:

From the few things I've seen, I think his delivery is quite good when he does it in the right moments (seen som great crosses), but yeah, the decision making in those moments can be dodgy with him. My 2 cents.

I think that's something you can train to a degree. He'll not be one of those players who just instinctively knows what to do but he can certainly improve. 

I get the vibe he's genuinely not sure whether passing or taking a shot himself is more likely to benefit the team oftentimes. Partly as he's extremely good at shooting so the choice is less obvious than it would be for most players. But it is something he'd benefit a lot from resolving.

Thought his performance at Palace told us more personally, might be great at home when we’re on top of teams, but he certainly won’t be a game changer away from home when we’re under the cosh against better teams.

Decent squad player but at 40 million he was a luxury and money could have been better spent.

Bit harsh when a majority of the team were well below par at Palace.

Especially given he recently came on and pulled us out the mud v West Ham.

Edited by The Prophet

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Thought his performance at Palace told us more personally, might be great at home when we’re on top of teams, but he certainly won’t be a game changer away from home when we’re under the cosh against better teams.

Decent squad player but at 40 million he was a luxury and money could have been better spent.

You've picked one game out of many to focus on. He's good far more often than he's not. And when he's good he's one of the best we've had in the last 20 years.

10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Too soon to make a final assessment like this considering he missed a huge chunk of the season

He was pretty shite at Blackburn there’s 2 examples, also thought he was very quiet when he came on yesterday apart from the ball to Wilson.

Got no doubt he’ll be useful at home when we’ve got plenty of the ball and are on top, but let’s not forget even Leicester dropped him in a must win away game against us.

Jurys still out for me considering fee.

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

He was pretty shite at Blackburn there’s 2 examples, also thought he was very quiet when he came on yesterday apart from the ball to Wilson.

Got no doubt he’ll be useful at home when we’ve got plenty of the ball and are on top, but let’s not forget even Leicester dropped him in a must win away game against us.

Jurys still out for me considering fee.

Gets a world class assist. "He was quiet when he came on". Howay man :lol:

20 minutes in the pitch.

2 chances created

1 big chance created

That's pretty good like :lol:

'game changer away from home' is niche criteria. Could also easily apply that logic to Gordon considering his form away, I guess...

The lad pulled is points back with heroics against Luton and West Ham. Very clearly can be extremely impactful in adverse situations.

I do agree with the general gist we won't be able to fully assess his game, strengths and weakness, until he's had a prolonged run in the team, but so far he's contributed well.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I do agree with the general gist we won't be able to fully assess his game, strengths and weakness, until he's had a prolonged run in the team, but so far he's contributed well.

I agree. Full pre-season behind him and stay injury free and this lad will be an asset home and away going forward.