Harvey Barnes

khay

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

To be fair Fab, the Gaurdian and a couple of other outlets had said this was advanced. The Telegraph even doubled down at the end of last week.

It very much sounds like our interest is genuine and Barnes wants the move, but something doesn't add up.

Didn’t the telegraph say we were close to signing him, and were going to complete it last week, despite us never actually bidding ? The exact same thing they did with Barella and Livramento.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t the telegraph say we were close to signing him, and were going to complete it last week, despite us never actually bidding ? The exact same thing they did with Barella and Livramento.

I think the headline did aye. That's the editor jumping the gun for precious clicks.

8 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Glenn Roeder is still 'eyeing a swoop' for Dirk Kuyt anarl. 

I heard there's a scout in one the basements in St James still chasing up Morten Gaamst Pedersen....they let him out only during lunar eclipses on leap years

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Hit and miss source, but an update of sorts...

I wouldn't be surprised if ASM is not at all keen on the move. This is a player who not so long ago had the stated ambition of winning the Ballon D'Or. Now at 26, he faces being shunted into the Elephants' Graveyard. I can imagine that his ego would much prefer to go to Italy.

14 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Start the Barnes v Maxi argument again

nah the way this thread is going, NE5 and HTL are going to return to the forum and relaunch the Board Wars in this thread.

Strap in.

On 17/07/2023 at 06:32, Cronky said:

I wouldn't be surprised if ASM is not at all keen on the move. This is a player who not so long ago had the stated ambition of winning the Ballon D'Or. Now at 26, he faces being shunted into the Elephants' Graveyard. I can imagine that his ego would much prefer to go to Italy.

The Ballon D’Or thing was crackers, but the lad deserved a lot of credit if he knocks it back because he actually wants to play in Italy.  ASM always comes across as a smart bloke for me - and this would only make me like him more (and I’m sure my liking of him is a massive motivator!)

I don’t rate him as highly as a footballer as he does or many on here do, but I do think he’s basically a good gadgie

On 16/07/2023 at 21:26, gjohnson said:

I heard there's a scout in one the basements in St James still chasing up Morten Gaamst Pedersen....they let him out only during lunar eclipses on leap years

I see there was a lad called Emerton playing for the reserved recently. Finally over the line. Freddie Shepherd always gets his man. 

Just want this done. It’s pretty tedious now. Everyone and their dog knows this is going to happen. I’ve pretty much moved on from this deal. It’s a good, opportunistic move, at a good price. Big upgrade on ASM.