Harvey Barnes

khay

A tad underwhelming for me but ASM will be fast forgotten about if Barnes, son of Alan, bags double figures for G&A I guess.

Still think we need a RW, though. Unless the plan is to move Gordon to RW. But even then Barnes and Gordon as the first choice wide men doesn’t exactly scream CL quality. We'll see. Hmph.

I don’t want to sell Maxi but have no issues with Barnes, I think he’ll be a great signing. 

I would be much happier going into the CL with some kind of wildcard like Maxi though. Like Taylor said, we could end up quite workmanlike in wide areas. 

15 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Must admit i never knew he could hit a ball that well!

I just had him as cutting in from the left and regularly smashing them in. A mirror of Almiron last season basically but more consistent. I don't think defenders will be able to just snuff him out by showing him onto his left because he can clearly use it well. 

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He’s already got his house sorted out up here so you’d think so.

Katie Cutler sorted him out with new digs? Supplies all the Barnes’ with accommodation.

IMG_5082.thumb.jpeg.6f795860e4b8bf111d0a0ec3fba3d33e.jpeg

7 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

Consider me a 6/10 on the whelmed-ometer.

I’m probably an 8/10 on him. Proven PL winger, pretty quick, goes both ways, and has scored double digits. I don’t get the negativity whatsoever. Truly baffling.

It’s also better to be underwhelmed, and then they flourish, than the other way around.