Harvey Barnes

khay

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

It wasn’t an oversimplification. You meant it. And now you’re trying to make it sound relevant. 

Our wide players don’t have the quality to do that. Almiron is technically limited. So while he has good movement and pace, he’s dependent on Bruno and Trips finding him with excellent passes that give him time and space. On the left Joe’s combine well but sometimes there’s a lack of ideas and creativity. Can’t speak too much on Gordon, he also seems to like a give and go, uses both feet but doesn’t have ‘his moves’. 

From our 4, there’s not anyone that demands the ball like a Diaz, Grealish, Saka, Mitoma etc. 

are you mad/blind? a lot of almirons goals last year came from one-twos...

Fulham (a)

Southampton (a)

Leicester (a)

Wolves (h)

plus a few screamers

Just off the top of my head 

19 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

Fulham (a)

Southampton (a)

Leicester (a)

Wolves (h)

plus a few screamers

It's actually one of Almiron's greatest qualities, when he gives the ball he's immediately darting into space for the return, and he does it at pace as well. If he had a bit more venom in his shooting he would be one of the best players in the league.

25 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

Fulham (a)

Southampton (a)

Leicester (a)

Wolves (h)

plus a few screamers

All of those were before January, no?

Teams clocked that move and Almirons output slowed.  I’ve grown to like Almiron.  His pressing is the gold standard,he makes good runs.  But he’s limited technically and that will always limit his ceiling. He has to run around the ball to control it a particular way with his left. There’s a limit to the type of attack you can build around Almiron because the lad is limited. 

Contrast that with Isak.  The ceiling is so high because the lad can do so much. 

Edited by The College Dropout

Barnes shooting technique with both feet from inside and outside of the box makes me think he’s far less a pass and move into space and hit with his preferred foot player like Almiron generally has shown. Barnes is someone who you can’t show a specific way because he isn’t 1 footed, and his assists looked pretty damn good when he had a settled CF playing regularly. We will have Isak and Wilson. Dumbing down his game is a bit classic NO as you can get. 

Elite sides exploit space through passing and movement. 

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It was very interesting to see Tonali making the underlapping version of the Miggy run last night. Longstaff does that a bit but obviously rarely does anything when the ball comes to him. 

And Longstaff ended up in so many goal scoring positions last season, so that's great news!

14 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

If we get Barnes and Liveramento then that will be 8 English players bought for our squad since the takeover - wonder if any other Prem team is close to that in the same period of time? 

Eddie Howe's white army.

30 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

If we get Barnes and Liveramento then that will be 8 English players bought for our squad since the takeover - wonder if any other Prem team is close to that in the same period of time? 

16 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Eddie Howe's white army.

Lascelles, Lewis, Murphy, Hayden, Willock and Wilson want a word... 

Eddie definitely does like to have an English core to his teams. I don't have an issue with it tbh. I think there's value in squad cohesion in retaining a strong core of domestic and local players at this stage of our development, and the depth of English talent is pretty decent at the moment to not make it a hindrance. We generally seem to be limiting the foreign signings to being big marquee players (Bruno, Isak, Botman, Tonali). 

46 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

As long as they are on the bench, it's fine :lol: