Lewis Hall

Paully

I wonder if Eddie will give him a crack at midfield at some point with the injury woes.... I believe he started in the midfield against City? Regardless, seems like a when, not if, proposition with Hall. All the talent is clearly there to be unlocked

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

As has been said, a little raw defensively (good recoveries though) but real, real promise on the ball.

You can tell he's played his mouth career as a mid.

Filth.

Delighted he had a good game and even better he got himself on the scoresheet.

Against City he didn't have a great game (not having a go as it wasn't an easy first game considering he didn't seem to play much for Chelsea even during pre season and it was against top opposition) so it's good to see he has put that past him. 

Last season the games I saw of him, it was his technical ability and confidence on the ball that stood out and he showcased that last night.  

8 hours ago, NSG said:

Apparently eligible to play against Chelsea as it’s a cup game?

Not sure that’s true. It’s only CL games you can play against your parent club. FA cup and PL you certainly can’t, not sure about the carabao but can’t see it being different 

One of the biggest takeaways for me last night was just how much more/better football we were able to play with Hall at LB.

Obviously BDB is solid as fuck, & likely won't be getting dropped consistently this season, but having a quicker, more technically proficient player in there allows us to switch up. Most games we tend to favour building up down the right.

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Not sure that’s true. It’s only CL games you can play against your parent club. FA cup and PL you certainly can’t, not sure about the carabao but can’t see it being different 

image.thumb.png.b781c53885c8ab26024f5ee4447abb6c.png

hopefully we were savvy enough to include this in the deal considering it’s an obligation to buy 

Yeah, he's very, very good on the ball. Maybe his future lies further forward. 

Hard to say, because he's still learning about his positioning as a full back. Nothing wrong with his attitude or confidence though.