Lewis Hall

Paully

He’s got a high potential, and he needs more playtime at this age to reach that. Now that Botman seems to be out for a long time, is it time to move Burn to a central defender and start playing this lad as an LB? 

Edited by Solitude20

1 hour ago, Solitude20 said:

He’s got a high potential, and he needs more playtime at this age to reach that. Now that Botman seems to be out for a long time, is it time to move Burn to a central defender and start playing this lad as an LB? 

Think I a more comfortable with the current version of Lascelles playing CB - Burn tends to overpress at times and leaves the occasional gap in behind 

40 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think that Lascelles is probably a better CB than Burn TBH. Or at least there's very little in it. 

Totally agree. It just feels more natural to Lascelles. Lascelles has a better burst of pace and is better in the air.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Wonder if his obligation to buy is conditional or automatic?

I like what I've seen so far. Still raw, but there's a very good footballer in there.

Obligation hopefully, He’s going to be top notch. 

I think it was a yellow tbh, quite soft for a first offence before the 10th minute but it was a dangerous attack and Hall pulling that big ugly fucker back stopped it.

The rest of the game was honestly near enough how I would want a game to be officiated. Dortmund were clever with their fouls but I don't think they ever overstepped the mark.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

He did okay, that yellow really made it difficult for him, meant he was extra cautious with any challenges

Considering the lack of bodies we have I would like to see him given a go in midfield if we are really short or even left wing, he played LWB against City in the League Cup last season and he was inverted a lot and he was the best player for Chelsea

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I think it was a yellow tbh, quite soft for a first offence before the 10th minute but it was a dangerous attack and Hall pulling that big ugly fucker back stopped it.

The rest of the game was honestly near enough how I would want a game to be officiated. Dortmund were clever with there fouls but I don't think they ever overstepped the mark.

I'm not so sure about that, the one on Longstaff in particular was from behind, so was both dangerous and stopped a clear attack, that was far worse than what Hall did, which to me looked more like they were both pushing each other

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The rest of the game was honestly near enough how I would want a game to be officiated. Dortmund were clever with their fouls but I don't think they ever overstepped the mark.

He was going to get to the ball first so the striker went down. 

8 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm not so sure about that, the one on Longstaff in particular was from behind, so was both dangerous and stopped a clear attack, that was far worse than what Hall did, which to me looked more like they were both pushing each other

Hall pulls him back first to start the tussle, he'd lost the race. The Longstaff challenge was a blatant yellow, aye. Bad call but on reflection of the whole game I don't think there was any bias. I never felt jipped by many of the on field calls and if anything we got slightly more of the 50/50s.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Hall pulls him back first to start the tussle, he'd lost the race. The Lingstaff challenge was a blatant yellow, aye. Bad call but on reflection of the whole game I don't think there was any bias. I never felt jipped by many of the on field calls and if anything we got slightly more ofvthe 50/50s.

I agree about the calls he made, felt he did well and he allowed some robust but fair challenges for both sides

It's just once he has decided to give Hall a yellow then he needs to be consistent with it and they had at least 2 tackles/fouls (which weren't first offences for those players) that he didn't give a yellow for 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Because he'd already pulled him back though. Hall was never winning that battle without the tangle.

I just don’t think target men like him want race with a young fullback. He’s looking for a chance to win a free kick. 

Thought he played well given the circumstances. I wish Eddie would have boosted his ego a bit more in the post game conference. Said he was "ok," which was a bit strange from him, as he is almost always very positive on player performances.

Kept perhaps the fastest winger in the world relatively uninvolved on a yellow he didn't deserve, no glaring errors. Excited for the lad for the coming fixtures.