Lewis Hall

Paully

He looks raw but somehow I trust our scouting departments eye for a player. They very rarely have got it wrong since the takeover. £28m will seem a snip in a few years if he can make that LB position his own - also qualifies as HG too.

15 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I think if anything we're seeing just how good Burn actually is [emoji38]

Even with burn playing and botman missing we’ve been conceding a lot away from home - 2 at wolves and West Ham and 3 at Brighton. Lascelles has done really well but it is what it is.

Was surprised to see him subbed. Freshest legs out of all our players and can’t play our next home game seemed to point to him getting 90mins yesterday. 

Thought he passed and moved well in those few decent triangles we played near the touch line. Was probably up against their most dangerous player which might of swayed EH mind with the game still at 0-0.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, madras said:

While I do think the lad is going to make it big, what else can Eddie say when asked ? "fuck me we've made a rick here" maybe ?

Sure. Just been striking how quiet Howe has been on him, particularly in relation to off field work, which is a free hit in terms of press relations. It's the closest he's come to public criticism, to be honest.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Sure. Just been striking how quiet Howe has been on him, particularly in relation to off field work, which is a free hit in terms of press relations. It's the closest he's come to public criticism, to be honest.

I just think many thought he'd be the same level of development as Tino when he's a actually couple of years younger. He's been pressed in to use early and Eddie to just wants to let him develop. Also remember it's Eddie responding to questions he's asked.

1 hour ago, madras said:

I just think many thought he'd be the same level of development as Tino when he's a actually couple of years younger. He's been pressed in to use early and Eddie to just wants to let him develop. Also remember it's Eddie responding to questions he's asked.

Totally agree, I won't be leaping on him any time soon. It's more just the platitudes that Howe hasn't been saying that he generally has about other players, including kids, in similar situations. So pleased to hear him getting some phatic treatment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hypothetically, and I'm not trying to mischief make here, but imagine you're Eddie Howe and it's the last game of the season. Hall is currently a loan with an obligation after x appearances, let's say he's one game away from that deal being activated, and the game is dead rubber.

Bearing in mind, he's a £30m fee for next summer and you've only got a budget of say £70m for next season.

Do you play him and tie up the budget or leave him out to free up the funds for next summer? He returns to Chelsea.

I'm interested in what people would choose.

FWIW - I'd play him and commit to the spend based more on how successful our recruitment team have been with pretty much everybody else perhaps rather than having been blown away by the initial impact of Hall. Also considering he's still very young and english.

Edited by Minhosa

24 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Hypothetically, and I'm not trying to mischieve make here, but imagine you're Eddie Howe and it's the last game of the season. Hall is currently a loan with an obligation after x appearances, let's say he's one game away from that deal being activated, and the game is dead rubber.

Bearing in mind, he's a £30m fee for next summer and you've only got a budget of say £70m for next season.

Do you play him and tie up the budget or leave him out to free up the funds for next summer? He returns to Chelsea.

I'm interested in what people would choose.

FWIW - I'd play him and commit to the spend based more on how successful our recruitment team have been with pretty much everybody else perhaps rather than having been blown away by the initial impact of Hall. Also considering he's still very young and english.

Is the obligation definitely based on number of appearances? Personally, I'd definitely sign him as his potential is massive. There's others in the squad who are more likely to be moved on to make room in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Is the obligation definitely based on number of appearances? Personally, I'd definitely sign him as his potential is massive. There's others in the squad who are more likely to be moved on to make room in my opinion.

Just hypothetical to see what folks would do.

4 hours ago, Minhosa said:

Just hypothetical to see what folks would do.

Fair enough. I think your answer pretty much sums it up. Our recruitment has been consistently outstanding for a long time now. You could even say longer than merely since the takeover considering the performances we're getting out of players that were clearly being misused beforehand.

He hasn't pulled up any trees yet, but he seems to be settling in socially and he's very young. I don't think he's looked bad, incidentally, just a bit overwhelmed - which Anthony Gordon said about himself about last season and look at him now.

There's every likelihood it would be a big regret in two or three years, as Trippier sails off into the sunset, if we didn't 'buy' him now.