Lewis Hall

Paully

Just now, Novocastrian said:

Until quite recently I still thought Livramento had a a higher ceiling but I’m not so sure now. He got real class.

Livra has stalled a bit I feel.. Hope he will get back to business.

He will have Trippier-esque progressive passing numbers by the end of the season and better carries to. So glad to see him defensively well today - was a good match up for B Silva. 

Edited by Nine

Played well but you’d expect so against Bernardo or similar. It’s people who run in behind or have a bit of pace and are direct he struggles against. 

Just now, Disco said:

Played well but you’d expect so against Bernardo or similar. It’s people who run in behind or have a bit of pace and are direct he struggles against. 

Not sure about this. Pocketed Savinho when he tried to take him on. Needs time to get comfortable in the starting XI now.

Just now, Disco said:

Fortunately he’s not physically limited so with time and development on his mental side of the game he could iron a lot of those struggles out, he’ll get better at it.

Just now, Nine said:

Fortunately he’s not physically limited so with time and development on his mental side of the game he could iron a lot of those struggles out, he’ll get better at it.

It’s just practise and game time. As he and others have said he’s a relatively late convert to FB so I’d be amazed if he didn’t keep getting better.

5 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Doesn’t help when you’re on the bench 

He certainly isn't on Howes list of players who can drop 10 stinkers in a row and still get picked. But playing Trippier over him looked okay today I'd say.

Edited by Erikse

My favourite performance today overall. Added a lot to our game. Was thinking back to how he got withdrawn at half time against them in the league cup around this time of year last season.

It's very telling that Howe didn't sub him for Kelly. Would have been an easy switch but he was so good that Howe was happy with him.

Lost the ball a couple of times but only because he was brave enough to have it in the first place.

1 minute ago, STM said:

It's very telling that Howe didn't sub him for Kelly. Would have been an easy switch but he was so good that Howe was happy with him.

Lost the ball a couple of times but only because he was brave enough to have it in the first place.

Can't be far off an England call up 

Didn’t have a massive f**k up with the ball so that’s progress. Went missing once when Lewis pinged a great first time ball into the acres of space Hall had vacated. Would also like to see him a better at closing down crosses.

He’s getting better though. That’s very important. Some excellent passing. He’s got vision and the technique to execute.