Lewis Hall

Paully

If i was him I'd seriously think about not signing for us. Atleast at chelsea he was getting game time we are stunting his development in my opinion. Richie done fuck all when he come for gordon and miggy was terrible given the ball away all the time. Fuck knows why he doesn't trust him. 

If Howe doesn't trust him then why was he signed? If we knew we were going to be competing in 4 competitions, we didn't we go and loan someone who Howe did trust to play when we have over 11 players out and everyone we have available can barely run.

Just now, mikejaxer said:

If Howe doesn't trust him then why was he signed? If we knew we were going to be competing in 4 competitions, we didn't we go and loan someone who Howe did trust to play when we have over 11 players out and everyone we have available can barely run.

Not all transfers work out as planned.

3 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

It took about 4 MOTM performances for Howe to trust Livramento. 

Would be fascinated to know what he makes of all this.

I suppose I hope Howe does have a problem of some kind with him, because I'd be more concerned if he did rate him and still used him this little. There were a few times Livramento nearly had the edge on Thiago and clear run on goal. Maybe having Hall further up the pitch could've sealed the deal.

I think this is less to do with whether Hall could help in this particular game, and more to do with the team's decision not to pick up his option and sign him in the summer.

To me, that means we'll see a sizable move or two in January with money that otherwise would be spent on Hall in the summer

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

Is it to do with him playing x number of games meaning we have to sign him and Howe doesn't fancy him?

Nah, he let him on for a few minutes when we had already lost against Spurs and when we had won vs Fulham. So cant be that.

Unless its some kind of weird clause where games already decided doesnt count or something :)

Edited by Displayname

55 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

There’s a tonne of daylight between not working out as planned, and being behind Matt Ritchie in the pecking order. 

This, no one's saying he needs to be starting games. But not to get on in the circumstances we're in and being behind Matt Ritchie is bizzare, I don't see the point in him being here if that's where he stands. We'd be better off spending the wages and eventual transfer fee elsewhere.

1 hour ago, mikejaxer said:

Obviously Howe hadn’t worked with him before the transfer.

This is getting really weird now, everyone says the clause is not appearance-based so the only reason he’s not getting to the pitch is that Howe has absolutely zero trust in him. If we ever get players back he’ll have trouble making the bench. Would love to know what’s going on, surely he should’ve been brought on before Ritchie.

1 minute ago, WideopenMag said:

This, no one's saying he needs to be starting games. But not to get on in the circumstances we're in and being behind Matt Ritchie is bizzare, I don't see the point in him being here if that's where he stands. We'd be better off spending the wages and eventual transfer fee elsewhere.

Yeah it’s an odd situation I agree. The fact he’s barely getting any game time when he was originally a midfielder, is technically solid and quick makes you wonder why he’s not getting games.

Have they decided they have a better option (or as suggested above money needs to be spent elsehwere) and know that if they limit his appearances they won’t have to sign him? 🤷‍♂️ Time will tell I guess 

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Obviously Howe hadn’t worked with him before the transfer.

This is getting really weird now, everyone says the clause is not appearance-based so the only reason he’s not getting to the pitch is that Howe has absolutely zero trust in him. If we ever get players back he’ll have trouble making the bench. Would love to know what’s going on, surely he should’ve been brought on before Ritchie.

The trust thing I'd understand if we wanted him to play left back but we wanted him to come in at left wing and just run and maybe be a threat on the counter. Don't get it. Especially given he came in and scored against Man United.

5 minutes ago, McDog said:

I said this twice in the match thread. Is it possible the club has decided to not trigger the obligation to buy to free up the funds for January given the rise of Tino at LB?

Why would he get gametime against Spurs and Fulham then?

Just now, Displayname said:

Why would he get gametime against Spurs and Fulham then?

What is the criteria to trigger the obligation to buy? I don't have that information. If it's play x amount of minutes or games then Eddie has some wiggle room.

Look, just throwing it out. Maybe Eddie just thinks he sucks or has other reasons for not playing him. That one just made sense to me.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

How often does Howe make performance related half time subs? Dortmund was a big night for him in a bad way. 

It doesn't seem to be a done thing across the board at the minute. Wonder if the substitution windows are having an effect ?