Lewis Hall

Paully

19 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

I think you’re bang on, it was a very good performance and you can see he’s got a lot of ability but still showed some rawness and lack of experience at times which is completely understandable. I think we’ll probably look back and think EH has managed him perfectly - like we have on many occasions with Howe. 

Hopefully so. Still think the whole thing has been weird, would like to find out what was the situation one day. In time hopefully Hall will do a proper interview about it. Wouldn't be stunned to find out there was something vaguely like what Willock underwent in terms of moving to a new place etc.

18 hours ago, CPL said:

Once he has a full pre-season under EH, I can see him having a redemption arc hopefully similar to Gordon this season. There were a few times he could have overlapped Harvey but didn't look fit enough. It's strange how most of our creative and threat has come from the left this season as opposed to last season. We missed Trippier massively yesterday also. 

Assuming said preseason doesn't injured him... 😄

His skill on the ball is obvious but he isn’t particularly strong. He’s still only 19, but I do keep wondering whether his best role is further forward.

We still seem to be getting linked with left backs, so it wouldn’t surprise me if in the end we let him go.  That would be a shame because I’m pretty sure that at some stage, in some role, he’s going to come good.

Thought he had a great game. Was going to say "arguably" but I think it's beyond doubt if he'd been fit enough to stay on, and not replaced by Mick McManus, we'd have won. 

Eddie looked after the kid well, it seems. 

Hope him and Tripps are our full backs for Fulham. 

He used to be a midfielder at Chelsea and it was Lampard who switched him to LB and I don't understand why. You can tell that he wants to get forward all the time 

19 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

He used to be a midfielder at Chelsea and it was Lampard who switched him to LB and I don't understand why. You can tell that he wants to get forward all the time 

Like Trippier ?

My only issue with him V Everton was that at times when we had possession he didn't seem to know where to be, looked a bit lost. 

Defensivly he equipped himself well but that was against a pensioner and a team who just looked to go long all the time. Fulham will be a different test and probably a better guide.

14 hours ago, Elliottman said:

I think you’re bang on, it was a very good performance and you can see he’s got a lot of ability but still showed some rawness and lack of experience at times which is completely understandable. I think we’ll probably look back and think EH has managed him perfectly - like we have on many occasions with Howe. 

I disagree on this part, in terms of managing him perfectly. He’s barely featured, and now when we need him, it’s at full speed where he’s clearly not close to that speed because he’s not even played PL2 football this season :D 

Gone from not using him at all, to now needing to play 90 mins. At no point there was a middle ground in between. 

He’s going to make mistakes by end of season, because he’s learning a new position at the highest level. Hopefully fans don’t lose their shit over it as a result, because it’s a learning curve he needs to go through seeing he’s not got it at PL2 this season. Only way to learn is to make mistakes, and that’s got to be in prem games.

9 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I disagree on this part, in terms of managing him perfectly. He’s barely featured, and now when we need him, it’s at full speed where he’s clearly not close to that speed because he’s not even played PL2 football this season :D 

Gone from not using him at all, to now needing to play 90 mins. At no point there was a middle ground in between. 

He’s going to make mistakes by end of season, because he’s learning a new position at the highest level. Hopefully fans don’t lose their shit over it as a result, because it’s a learning curve he needs to go through seeing he’s not got it at PL2 this season. Only way to learn is to make mistakes, and that’s got to be in prem games.

Agree. Not used at all now needs to be used all the time. At major risk of injury now because not match fit. Where was the middle ground? This has been my major complaint of this year, there is only the thought of "this game" rather than the bigger picture.

He was in the training photos.  Could have just been out there for the warm ups and off the ball stuff, I suppose.

I think I'd rather play Ritchie at left back than Dummett if he were to miss this.  Spoilt for choice :lol: 

On 04/04/2024 at 02:27, Cronky said:

His skill on the ball is obvious but he isn’t particularly strong. He’s still only 19, but I do keep wondering whether his best role is further forward.

We still seem to be getting linked with left backs, so it wouldn’t surprise me if in the end we let him go.  That would be a shame because I’m pretty sure that at some stage, in some role, he’s going to come good.

He looks plenty strong to me.

As far as his best role I do remember a few Chelsea fans saying he wanted to be a CM.

I think we are so spoiled with Tino that we have collectively forgotten how hard it is for young players at this level. Miley hasn’t helped temper expectations either. 

Fullback is one of the hardest positions due to the amount of positional awareness it takes. You only earn that through matches played. I have little to no doubt that he will develop into a very good player. I can tell that he’s playing a bit nervous and that will only get better when he grows in confidence. 

25 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Hall appears to have the skill set to play the fullback role similar to what Rico Lewis does at City. Might be a bit too revolutionary for Eddie though.

Like Trippier does a bit here.

25 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Hall appears to have the skill set to play the fullback role similar to what Rico Lewis does at City. Might be a bit too revolutionary for Eddie though.

Rico Lewis had started six league games this season mind.

He was very impressive against Villa, helping out in midfield both defensively and further forward. Calm in possession with a nice range of passing. Hall looks like he could do something similar.

4 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Zinchenko for me. 

7 hours ago, greydos said:

Zinchenko for me. 

Probs just me me but I'm always bemused at these Ukrainians kicking balls around Europe like nowts the matter whilst we're all supposed to be on the verge of WW3 for the protection of their homeland. Or is it all just American guff? 

Anyways, he's shit. 

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Probs just me me but I'm always bemused at these Ukrainians kicking balls around Europe like nowts the matter whilst we're all supposed to be on the verge of WW3 for the protection of their homeland. Or is it all just American guff? 

Anyways, he's shit. 

Maybe he and other Ukrainian sports people donate a proportion of their wages to the war effort ?