Newcastle United vs. Liverpool: 27/08/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Viana said:

I try to look at these games as a great opportunity for the fans to create an intimidating atmosphere and the players to harness that energy. 

Hopefully it's edgy as fuck and they're made to feel as welcome as a fart in an astronaut suit

Goes for their fans as well

Cunts

Not confident.  They have a bit of a hoodoo over us and Klopp will have them right up for the game.  Overall I feel over the season, perhaps with a bit of heart over head, we'll finish above them.  We're a better balanced team and Klopp's ravings, while they might help them win games like this, aren't the key to sustained success especially not when compared to Howe and Co's studied and constant drive for excellence.

Edited by Geordie_once_removed
Grammar

Great interview from Eddie Howe. Standard stuff but just refusing to get involved in trivial bullshit, focusing on how we can be the best version of ourselves and ultimately showing some class where other managers don't.

We need to be really composed in possession against these or they’ll pass around us for fun. They can definitely be got at on the counter though and we’ve shown against Villa that we can be lethal doing that. Everything crossed for a good result today; aren’t many teams I’d like us to thump more.

44 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Not confident.  They have a bit of a hoodoo over us and Klopp will have them right up for the game.  Overall I feel over the season, perhaps with a bit of heart over head, we'll finish above them.  We're a better balanced team and Klopp's ravings, while they might help them win games like this, aren't the key to sustained success especially not when compared to Howe and Co's studied and constant drive for excellence.

Well I flip that on its head and say that’s  why we win today! Their defence isn’t good, ours is. We have a point to prove after City, we are at home. We are United!  :indi:

10 hours ago, dcmk said:

Everything always goes wrong when we play these.  Not really confident about this one.

Gonna be a long day for you fella! Just watch the Villa, Manure and Spurs games on loop whilst listening to the Ramones and Mark Knopler! 

:indi: