Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Yeah taking Gordon off was a mistake but not fucking Tonali, he just kept giving the ball away before he came off, Barnes was fucking hopeless too, I'm most wound up about him because all he has to do is square it to Wilson and we win the game, instead he does fucking nothing and loses it, moronic - leicester can have him back, fucking Liverpool man

You could also say though after tonali went off both of their goals were set up by a too easy pass through the middle.  Something they hadn’t managed when he was on the pitch .

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Yeah its weird, he clearly havent been in form for some time imo.

Also dont get people blaming Almiron. Our most dangerous along with Gordon today.

Almiron incredibly unlucky to not score at least one. 

Just now, worthy said:

This part - This pisses me off to insane degree, what the fuck was said in the HT talk? Why the fuck did we just turn in to this passive piss team?

I don't think we panicked. Quite the opposite. We got lulled into a self sense of security and left increasingly massive gaps in the middle. We got too nonchalant in CM and defensively and let Liverpool do what they do best. Passive is exactly right. We thought we were managing the game and did what Klopp wanted us to do. 

Just now, Gawalls said:

Arsenal needed goals this weekend and got them. Liverpool needed goals Abe’s got them. Man U needed goals and got them, we had loads of chances ands didn’t get them. That’s the only difference in then teams and us at the moment imo.

however, all three results this season are all better than the same games last season so there is some evidence we’re moving in the right direction.

Same four-goal margin against Villa, and we "lost by less" against Man City & Liverpool and that's better than last season? ??? 

3 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Yeah its weird, he clearly havent been in form for some time imo.

Also dont get people blaming Almiron. Our most dangerous along with Gordon today.

This forum hates Almiron with a passion.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Don't think the players were good enough today at all.

Not a managerial issue today for me. Regardless of the defensive approach, we did not execute in that regard or in finishing off the game with a man advantage.

Definitely managerial f#ck up.  And I love Howe by the way.  He messed up big time and you know it.

5 minutes ago, worthy said:

Looking back, Almiron gets the chance to square it he has no pressure, and manages to just rocket it out. We need him out, he had so many chances yet nothing comes off it, and then always ALWAYS needing to turn cause he cant fucking use his other foot for anything, so it just slows down the whole.

A lot of our best opportunities to either score or open up teams in these tougher matches, tend to come down to Almiron making a play, and we know how that ends up.

Even when he plays well overall like he did today and against Man City. The key moments just don't come off for him.

I really think we need to now consider him as more of a backup and option against lesser teams. 

Need to look at starting Barnes on the left and Gordon on the right going forward. I just thin the pair of them are more likely to have something come off if they are on the pitch together for longer periods, like Almiron is.

I don’t see it with Almiron. Sorry lads. Couple of good chances but we’re basically carrying him for the other 87 mins. If Trippier’s not pointing then he’s rarely making a run of any significance.

People on here were waxing lyrical about him against Villa and during the first 45 mins I thought he was absolutely pish.

That said he wasn’t the main problem today, but he’s the most obvious upgrade. 

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

Definitely managerial f#ck up.  And I love Howe by the way.  He messed up big time and you know it.

No, I'm afraid I don't know it.

If I thought it was on him I would have said so.

Edited by KaKa