Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 16/09/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

22 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Starting the Aniston GIFs early. There was a serious lack of them in the BHA pre-match thread which I think contributed to the defeat.

Jennifer Aniston Surprise GIF

Eddie Howe this, Bruno Guimaraes that. We ain't been shit since the Jen wave crested and fell.

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

I’m really excited to see Hall and Livramento in all honesty. I expect we’ll see Livramento a fair bit later due to Trippier still playing to a high standard. Saying that, if he has games like Brighton continuously I wonder whether Howe could drop him for Tino. I think Howe’s players that he’s least likely to drop are Pope, Bruno and Trippier personally 

Trippier has done nothing to be dropped for really. But Livra is such a different player. A runner and dribbler. I'd like for him to be an option at some point this season and not just back-up. Keep the opposition guessing regarding our game plan.

Not for Brentford - obvs.

I'd like to see 4-2-3-1 from the off. Isak, Wilson, Gordon, Barnes. I expect 433 with maybe 1 change in midfield or attack. Longstaff and/or Wilson most likely. If everyone comes back fit.

50 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Trippier has done nothing to be dropped for really. But Livra is such a different player. A runner and dribbler. I'd like for him to be an option at some point this season and not just back-up. Keep the opposition guessing regarding our game plan.

Not for Brentford - obvs.

I'd like to see 4-2-3-1 from the off. Isak, Wilson, Gordon, Barnes. I expect 433 with maybe 1 change in midfield or attack. Longstaff and/or Wilson most likely. If everyone comes back fit.

As much as I would like to see it, I don't think they will. Eddie won't risk both forwards from the off days before Champs league and if he does plan on going that way it will be an evolution rather than a quick thing. He'll get Hall used to the first team and playing with Barnes, get a Bruno/Tonali relation ship going, bit by bit.

Edited by madras

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, with Milan three days after. I wonder if the likes of Livramento, Targett, Longstaff, Murphy, Wilson and Barnes will get a look in here.

He'll play what he thinks is his strongest team against Brentford and whatever he thinks is the strongest team against Milan. If he only starts one of Isak & Wilson - the other will start Milan.

He'll not start anyone for rotation purposes. We need a win and some momentum more than fresh legs and minds. If the XI starts well and comfortably beats Brentford at least 10 of those will start against Milan if fit.

1 hour ago, madras said:

As much as I would like to see it, I don't think they will. Eddie won't risk both forwards from the off days before Champs league and if he does plan on going that way it will be an evolution rather than a quick thing. He'll get Hall used to the first team and playing with Barnes, get a Bruno/Tonali relation ship going, bit by bit.

I agree. Only way we see this is if we need a goal.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Are we assuming that people can't play in both games?

If not then bringing in Longstaff for Tonali just makes the team worse. 

I have no idea what Howe will do. I suspect it'll be unchanged line-ups for both games injuries excluded, but maybe that's just me being a bit pessimistic based on him sticking to his team as much as he did last season when the fixture list was a lot more forgiving :lol: I really want him to get results and at the same time showing us he can rotate the squad effectively to keep every player as fit and fresh as possible.

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Are we assuming that people can't play in both games?

If not then bringing in Longstaff for Tonali just makes the team worse. 

I'm thinking Longstaff comes in as he is a safe option in a game we cant afford to lose vs Brentford. Tonali to start as he has the european experience and obviously knows Milan.

29 minutes ago, TRC said:

I'm thinking Longstaff comes in as he is a safe option in a game we cant afford to lose vs Brentford. Tonali to start as he has the european experience and obviously knows Milan.

could see Murphy and Wilson come in Miggy and Big Joe. More of a 4-4-1-1.

Bruno I think needs to play himself into form/partnership with Sandro.

Possibly Barnes for Gordon as well depending on his game time with the u21s (assume he’s in the squad)

5 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

could see Murphy and Wilson come in Miggy and Big Joe. More of a 4-4-1-1.

Bruno I think needs to play himself into form/partnership with Sandro.

Possibly Barnes for Gordon as well depending on his game time with the u21s (assume he’s in the squad)

Not sure he’s eligible anymore is he?

21s that is.

Bruno and tonali just don’t work together it seems. As much as we take it for granted we miss the winning of longstaff and / or willock. The balance is all off for me. I reckon he’ll stick with it longer but I genuinely feel it doesn’t work and they’ll be more defeats before it gets better.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Bruno and tonali just don’t work together it seems. As much as we take it for granted we miss the winning of longstaff and / or willock. The balance is all off for me. I reckon he’ll stick with it longer but I genuinely feel it doesn’t work and they’ll be more defeats before it gets better.

Early days though. It hasn't been great after 4 games, but as Howe said, it's still in its infancy.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Early days though. It hasn't been great after 4 games, but as Howe said, it's still in its infancy.

Also that we could/should have beat Liverpool. Been on 6 out a possible 12 in the hardest start to the season that anyones ever been given.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Also that we could/should have beat Liverpool. Been on 6 out a possible 12 in the hardest start to the season that anyones ever been given.

And could have been 2 or 3 up against Brighton before they scored.

Maybe its thinking we are going to better. So far we were as good if not better than Villa than last season, at least as good if not better than Liverpool (varying circumstances in both games mind you), pretty similar V Man City and similar V Brighton (Brighton should have won comfortably last season).

Hope I’m wrong obviously but if Howe starts the same eleven against Brentford I don’t think we’ll win. Teams know how to prepare now and what to expect.

In the Brighton game when three nil down to not give Lewis hall a run out for me to see what he brings going into the Brentford game is baffling.

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Pasted Villa when they were playing together and winning against Liverpool before Tonali went off. It's just far too early to say.

It's not like we didn't have performances like Sunday with Willock and Longstaff in the team either.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Pasted Villa when they were playing together and winning against Liverpool before Tonali went off. It's just far too early to say.

It's not like we didn't have performances like Sunday with Willock and Longstaff in the team either.

We’ll just have to wait and see but hope I’m wrong

14 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Hope I’m wrong obviously but if Howe starts the same eleven against Brentford I don’t think we’ll win. Teams know how to prepare now and what to expect.

In the Brighton game when three nil down to not give Lewis hall a run out for me to see what he brings going into the Brentford game is baffling.

Hall isn't match after having no pre-season. 

This side wasted Villa, had City playing conservative, risk-adverse football and was 10 minutes away from beating Liverpool. It's one thing knowing how to stop us, it's another having the ability to execute it. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Hall isn't match after having no pre-season. 

This side wasted Villa, had City playing conservative, risk-adverse football and was 10 minutes away from beating Liverpool. It's one thing knowing how to stop us, it's another having the ability to execute it. 

He’s never gonna get match fit if he doesn’t play and at three nil down fuck alls gonna happen so just give him some minutes.