Newcastle United 1-0 Brentford (16/09/23)

Disco

21 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

5 for Longstaff....??? Other than the last-minute slip, he was good. broke up the play and covered the defence. We looked far less open in the middle and I'd say that's massively to do with his covering...

Longstaff was awful. Got caught on the ball at least 3-4 times and they got a decent counterattack for it. Didn't offer a lot going forwards.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

IMG_8508.thumb.jpeg.3a1b5342ac1f5de3146c5b65fcf2de01.jpeg

He hooks his arm before the punch as shown here. What’s wrong with a still image?

Maybe I need to see it again. 

Nowt wrong with a still image in context, it was clear he hooked his arm though, I don't think that was the issue.

If it was before (or during) the pubch it's an obvious foul, aye.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

I think this evening was a glimpse of what we’ll see this season with the extra CL games coming up. 5 changes and a couple of the big guns rested. The opening 20 minutes aside, we controlled most of the play but it was fairly edgy with just the one goal lead. The more minutes we get in the legs of Anderson, Longstaff and Barnes the better as they’re going to have a major role this season. 

Edited by PhilT

Just now, PhilT said:

I think this evening was a glimpse of what we’ll see this season with the extra CL games coming up. 5 changes and a couple of the big guns rested. The opening 20 minutes aside, we controlled most of the play but it was fairly edgy with just the one goal lead. The more minutes we get in the legs of Anderson, Caldwell and Barnes the better as they’re going to have a major role this season. 

:jones:

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

For someone that apparently can't dribble, I thought Barnes looked canny on the ball as well.

I really liked Barnes today. Put in some great deliveries and doesn't give the ball away in build up play.

Brentford packed their box with 8 men and their 3 centre backs cleared everything aerially so it was tough.

We need to work on better combinations to break down that sort of setup. It's the hardest thing to do in football though.

Was next to a blind woman in the Leazes

Weird to think all she was experiencing was the sounds 

Anyhow, scrappy game, still not playing well, but a win was all that mattered and we got it, so let’s crack on from here and enjoy the taste of Europe  

Have you ever seen a makem in Milan

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Was next to a blind woman in the Leazes

Weird to think all she was experiencing was the sounds 

Anyhow, scrappy game, still not playing well, but a win was all that mattered and we got it, so let’s crack on from here 

What was her view on the disallowed goal?  Same as @Pata I imagine

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Pata as much as agree a lot about reg decisions I'm not sure about this one.

I think it's clear the goalie missed his punch due to Wilson hooking his arm. Only noticed it after the fourth replay myself, thought it was the one good decision Pawson made all night.

11 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Anyone else think Thomas Frank is a right prick

Oh yeah he can absolutely get to fuck with his exaggerated facial expressions pre-match. He was lucky his team didn’t lose 3-0. Just as much of a whinger as Klippity is.