AC Milan 0-0 Newcastle United (19/09/23)

Disco

Think a lot of players did really well. Murphy has been getting bullied off the ball a fair amount but Isak started to put some lovely touches in after starting quietly. The defence have done very well aside from Burn whose passing has been the weakest part of our game so far. Bruno can dominate if he gets into this a bit more. Tonali has looked good but I want him more involved, not just on the left wing 

Tonali and Longstaff trying to create vertical lines to our attacking play isn't a bad plan, it's just not really working at the moment as Burn has an extremely limited passing radius and generally gives it to a marked Gordon with Tonali already up the pitch. Longstaff has found space around their box already with his runs but his lack of on the ball quality and shite diving happened.

I should also add, it's a definite instruction from Howe re: the two CMs spreading wide constantly, not sure how good it's working to trap Hernandez though.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Fucking Christ, you'd think we where 5-0 down given some of the comments in here. 

We're drawing 0-0 at half time at the San Siro, it's wasn't a great half, but it was horrendous, have some fucking faith :lol:

If Milan put in the same display against PSG nobody would be surprised, but its not on against us.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think we've looked very measured and controlled and not remotely overcome with nerves or anything like that. They're just very dangerous on the break and are exploiting our annoyingly flat-footed midfield out of possession. 

Fully believe we can get something out of this. 

Thank fuck someone is watching the same game as me.

Just now, astraguy said:

6 shots on target to our none,isak on his own doesn't work i'm bored of saying it week after week 

Perhaps it's more to do with the players providing chances for Isak rather than just him playing on his own? We've not created anything of note so he's not had the opportunity to have a shot.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

So is he not just a bit out of form as opposed to being a joke of a footballer?

He's not a joke of a footballer, and he's not particularly out of form either. He's just a limited footballer.