Sheffield United 0-8 Newcastle United (24/09/23)

Disco

Saying we were fortunate by focusing on their 2 half chances is like saying Brighton were lucky to win because we fluffed 2 good opportunities up in the first 7 minutes against them.

In this league, every team will get at least 1 decent chance a match the vast, vast majority of the time.

6 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

ATTENTION. I NEED ALL OF YOU TO STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND LISTEN.

ANDOOOOOOOOO

Paha, Ando going "wooooaaaah!!!!!!!!" because Sheff Utd passed it straight to Isak for Brunos goal.

On the halfway line.

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

1 hour ago, GideonShandy said:

Ban shirts altogether and have the players' upper bodies painted in their teams colours instead. Use non-water-soluble paint.

Tattoo them on. Would increase loyalty to the team and reduce the late life shame for many of having to live with the shit body art they choose themselves. 

I honestly can't feel too elated about this because Sheffield were so bad. Mentally they just weren't there. I wonder whether Maddy Cusack's death and the speculation around the manager had affected their preparation. 

I'm not trying to be miserable here. That match was just unreal.

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

I honestly can't feel too elated about this because Sheffield were so bad. Mentally they just weren't there. I wonder whether Maddy Cusack's death and the speculation around the manager had affected their preparation. 

If you can’t feel elated about winning a premier league away game 8-0 then there’s no hope for you.

23 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Mate you’re not going to do a Keegan resignation are you? (He decided to go after 7-1 Spurs massacre).

Excellent to see better movement from our wide forwards.

Miggy drifting into the middle to receive passes caused them all kinds of confusion.

Our passing through the midfield was top notch. Looked a bit like what Milan did to us. I’m delighted we maintained that level through the match.

We’re a couple of levels above Sheffield Utd but it’s easy to be pulled down to standard of the team we’re facing . NUFC have been very guilty of that in the past. 
Yesterday our play reminded me of Fergie’s Man Utd. Just relentless and razor sharp. No mercy.

22 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Mate you’re not going to do a Keegan resignation are you? (He decided to go after 7-1 Spurs massacre).

Well I don't think that was the only reason he left.

The most satisfying wins come when there's been a bit of a scrap against a good side. This was shooting fish in a barrel.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Had worse days following us mind

Highlight of the day the bloke behind me whinging at longstaff for not playing the simple pass

It was the 93rd minute

“Our fans”

48 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Excellent to see better movement from our wide forwards.

Miggy drifting into the middle to receive passes caused them all kinds of confusion.

Our passing through the midfield was top notch. Looked a bit like what Milan did to us. I’m delighted we maintained that level through the match.

We’re a couple of levels above Sheffield Utd but it’s easy to be pulled down to standard of the team we’re facing . NUFC have been very guilty of that in the past. 
Yesterday our play reminded me of Fergie’s Man Utd. Just relentless and razor sharp. No mercy.

We've also never been this good in comparison to PL competition.