Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 27/09/23 @ 20:00 - League Cup 3rd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

5 hours ago, TBG said:

Karius

Burn      Lascelles Dummett  Targett

Longstaff Schar Anderson

Murphy  Gordon Hall

Back to the Bruce. 

On Blue Moon the City fans are saying neither club wants to progress in the competition to focus on bigger things.

Not me like, I would like to see my club win one trophy in my lifetime, and I am not getting any younger. 61 FFS.

Just now, Sid said:

On Blue Moon the City fans are saying neither club wants to progress in the competition to focus on bigger things.

Not me like, I would like to see my club win one trophy in my lifetime, and I am not getting any younger. 61 FFS.

Aye we aren't city like, I'll trade my soul for a league cup such is our plight[emoji38]

4 hours ago, Sid said:

Guess im weird, but a part of me dont want our first trophy in more than half a century to be a cup noone takes seriously before the semi finals. I do want us to advance though, but mostly so that Hall, Livramento etc gets more playtime.

2 hours ago, Displayname said:

Guess im weird, but a part of me dont want our first trophy in more than half a century to be a cup noone takes seriously before the semi finals. I do want us to advance though, but mostly so that Hall, Livramento etc gets more playtime.

I’m the opposite, I’d love us to win them in some sort of ascending order so we’ve won the league cup, FA cup, Europe league before the league. It’s the best way to savour every trophy win because let’s be honest winning the league cup after the champions league would feel a little anticlimactic 

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I’m the opposite, I’d love us to win them in some sort of ascending order so we’ve won the league cup, FA cup, Europe league before the league. It’s the best way to savour every trophy win because let’s be honest winning the league cup after the champions league would feel a little anticlimactic 

This sounds right. When City got taken over by the rich folks the necessary first step was winning the F.A. Cup in 2011, first major trophy for 35 years.  I think Newcastle have to follow a similar path, small steps first.  Question is, though, is Eddie Howe only your Mark Hughes, waiting for a more glamorous Roberto Mancini figure to step in? (I think Howe is actually better than Hughes, but he's got to win some silverware; you should have signed Cole Palmer.) 

Also, when City beat Stoke at Wembley in 2011 for many of us it was a case of "take me now, God, I can die happy." What's happened since feels ridiculous, but the message is don't set your sights too low, you never know  - ten years hence you could be winning the CL final against a Real Madrid team with Bellingham and Haaland in it ... 

5 hours ago, Sky Blue said:

This sounds right. When City got taken over by the rich folks the necessary first step was winning the F.A. Cup in 2011, first major trophy for 35 years.  I think Newcastle have to follow a similar path, small steps first.  Question is, though, is Eddie Howe only your Mark Hughes, waiting for a more glamorous Roberto Mancini figure to step in? (I think Howe is actually better than Hughes, but he's got to win some silverware; you should have signed Cole Palmer.) 

Also, when City beat Stoke at Wembley in 2011 for many of us it was a case of "take me now, God, I can die happy." What's happened since feels ridiculous, but the message is don't set your sights too low, you never know  - ten years hence you could be winning the CL final against a Real Madrid team with Bellingham and Haaland in it ... 

Eddie is better than both Mancini and Hughes so no. 

16 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Or Klopp. Seeing him gurning away after their win v West Ham reinforced the feeling that I’d never tire of smashing his face with a 5-iron.

I think we'd need a ballot for which one of us is lucky enough to wield the 5-iron, either way I'm watching the highlights of that on MOTD

6 hours ago, Sky Blue said:

We are winning the Champions League this year mate, all because Liverpool fans haven’t fucking stopped saying that they should be in the Champions League ahead of us because they believe they can win if and don’t think we can.

It’s going to be like when Porto won it with Mourinho, just comes from fucking nowhere.