Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester City (27/09/23)

Disco

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Pope: 7

Livramento: 10

Lascelles: 8

Dummett: 8 :lol:

Targett: 8.5

Tonali: 6

Miley: 6 Bruno: 8

Joelinton: 7

Murphy: 6.5

Isak: 8

Hall: 6 Gordon: 8

Probably some generous ratings there for the 1st half lads, but meh.

Joelinton’s been robbed of a mark and a half here

1 minute ago, hakka said:

He can only call it middway through the numbers being called out. Sadly you can't buy tickets at that point, darn it.

Pshh!

I guess I'll just stay poor and die in the gutter then.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I feel I go on about Gordon every game now, but he’s becoming one of my favourite players quite quickly. So good.

I always want him playing, he's rapidly getting better. Starting to believe he could have a high ceiling. Love his tenacity.

Gordon is turning into some player like, almost single handedly turned our performance round, the mood changed when he sprinted the width of the field to make sure he stopped City in their tracks, then continued to run the entire game. Livramento had a beast of a game, had Grealish in his back pocket, struggled a little against the fresh legs of Doku, but still didn't let much get past him.

What a 2nd half masterstroke that was, not only did we halt City in their tracks but we deserved it, it wasn't a smash and grab, we were good for it. Who'd have thought a backline of Dummett and Lascelles would be a brick wall?? Absolutely buzzing at that.

Guest reefatoon

What a result man! Class second half, we were closing everything down and at them non stop.

Anyone else missing the usual posters who blast straight on at 90 mins to let us know how bad Eddie and the players were? Can’t seem to see any of them again tonight. Fucking magic lads

Edited by reefatoon

Absolutely buzzing after that. Colossal second half performance, back to the aggression we all know and love. Isak is ice cold. Tino is unbelievable and Dummett has done amazingly well. What a fucking night. Momentum builds, and I firmly believe we can beat any of our CL opponents here at home. Nothing like it when the crowd and players feed off each other like that 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

That result hasn't really sunk in yet like. Basically at 95 minutes and 45 seconds I was like fucking hell we might win this :lol:

All I was thinking is Liverpool away and what a waste of time this will be :lol: Can’t buy this sort of optimism.