LCR4: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 01/11/23 @ 20:15 (Sky Sports)

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I’d be pretty pissed off if I was one of the 7k who have gone down there and saw that starting line up. The game could be over by half time.

Howe hasn’t given up on the game, but it seems you have..

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Don’t see too many complaints against Howe? All I see is some people saying that the team is much weaker than expected (kind of). No matter what I’m ok with it. I’m sure the attitude will be great and I think we will do well. Hoping to see many good performances and hopefully nick a result somehow. 

I’m pleased there’s only a couple of first team players and this season couldn’t give a shit about this tournament and if we get beat it will take me seconds to get over it.

15 minutes ago, Decky said:

That lineup is proof that we're far away from being any sort of consistent top side. You need a squad and we just don't have it yet. Probably take another 2 summers to get there. 

Not saying we're gonna lose but Kraft, Dummett and Matt fucking RItchie man. :lol: 

I agree, but also in a world with more normal injuries the backline would have Lascelles, Tonali would be in there, and Murphy / Barnes / Wilson could all have a chance.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I’d be pretty pissed off if I was one of the 7k who have gone down there and saw that starting line up. The game could be over by half time.

I think the majority will have known the sort of team we were likely to put out. Not very knowledgeable and "just out for the day" if they're caught by surprise and thought we'd see Bruno, Trippier, Wilson, etc given the games coming up and injuries. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Frustrated that we couldn't put out a better team against this lot but it's completely understandable. The League Cup was always going to be the lowest priority this season and the line-up definitely reflects that. Man U will win at a canter thus relieving a little of the pressure on ten Hag and we'll look ahead to bigger and better games in the next few weeks. It is what it is

Just now, Ikon said:

Howe hasn’t given up on the game, but it seems you have..

Given up, nah. The odds are very much against a win for us though with that starting line up. Hoping that it’s still level with 20 mins to go doesn’t float my boat I’m afraid.