Newcastle United vs. Burnley: 30/09/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

I wouldn’t say so these days. They’re nothing like they were under Dyche. They try to build from the back and cut teams open with their passing but they leave big gaps open between defence and midfield specifically. They’re also prone to individual errors and aren’t great at creating much or finishing chances. Hence why they’re near the bottom. They’re also no where near as fit as us. 

They’ve also been very unlucky - hitting the post a lot etc and I do feel at any time they’ll start getting points on the board. Hopefully that change of luck won’t be today though.

4 hours ago, nufcnick said:

Burnley are an absolutely horrible team to play against 

In the Championship they were for sure. Scoring 4 and conceding 13 in 5 games doesn't suggest they are quite as horrible this season.

Admittedly they've probably had the hardest start of any team in the league other than ourselves. 

25 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

In the Championship they were for sure. Scoring 4 and conceding 13 in 5 games doesn't suggest they are quite as horrible this season.

Admittedly they've probably had the hardest start of any team in the league other than ourselves. 

Gonna get harder for them today! :lol:

Doubt he will but I hope to see Tonali start. Would be a good chance for him to hopefully flourish and build some proper confidence.  Would like to see him with Bruno and Joelinton. Can’t see Longstaff not starting. Probably him with Joe and Bruno. Maybe maybe Elliot will start ahead of Joe but I’m not sure.