Newcastle United 2-0 Burnley (30/09/23)

Mike

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Time to give Lewis Hall some playing time second half I’d say

I hate saying this for the umpteenth time but Targett is in front of Hall for LB.

Also Hall didn't look anywhere near ready.

Decent half. Should be 2 up. Miggy goal was throw back to his purple patch! Lovely hit.

Thought Anderson was very unlucky with his header, was a great save.

Bruno ball for the Isak chance was epic. Think he's done very well today.

Gordon decent, but another needless yellow. Needs to work on that.

Edited by hakka

We lead through a great goal and had one great effort saved. They had one very good chance saved and should have done better with a cutback. Otherwise we’ve looked more potent with the ball, but 2 high intensity teams are cancelling each other out a bit. Just my opinion.

Just now, STM said:

I hate saying this for the umpteenth time but Targett is in front of Hall for LB.

Honestly, ill take Targett again now. Im tired of seeing Burn getting rinced again and again and again, hoofing hopeless balls, fucking FOUL throw when he can just take it easy. Fucking hell.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Tbf Tonali had a worse half and he bounced back. Hall’s done well in the Prem every time I’ve seen him play.

Edited by McCormick

Mixed feelings about that. While we've absolutely mullered them in most respects, our finishing has been sloppy, Andersson, Isak and Longstaff should all have scored. The game should be out of sight, but hopefully we'll score early in the second half and put this to bed.