Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

3 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Fact we did that without both Jo's, Sven and Callum is insane. 27% possession and they did nout. How does it get better than this?

What!?

We had 27%?

Obviously I knew we'd lose the passing but that can't be right, surely? 

44 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Probably one of the biggest disconnects I've ever seen between possession and performance. We controlled that game from start to finish despite having the ball for little over a quarter of it.

Aye, all the stats draw a really wrong picture of how the match really went. 

Just got in. I’m feeling some emotions. For those 4 lads to score, in that kind of atmosphere. It just makes me fucking smile man. Not only did we beat them, we put this fucking city back on the map. At times the celebrations were unlike anything I’ve seen at SJP. Lads getting launched rows for the first goal. I’ve only experienced that at the odd away game or in the cup semi final vs Chelsea when Rob Lee scored. 

Wor flags, what another amazing show. Those lads deserve a lifetime of free drinks. 

What a beautiful brilliant celebration of this wonderful football club, this wonderful city, my home.

Just now, AJ9 said:

Just got in. I’m feeling some emotions. For those 4 lads to score, in that kind of atmosphere. It just makes me fucking smile man. Not only did we beat them, we put this fucking city back on the map. At times the celebrations were unlike anything I’ve seen at SJP. Lads getting launched rows for the first goal. I’ve only experienced that at the odd away game or in the cup semi final vs Chelsea when Rob Lee scored. 

Wor flags, what another amazing show. Those lads deserve a lifetime of free drinks. 

What a beautiful brilliant celebration of this wonderful football club, this wonderful city, my home.

Wor flags are just too good man.

Looked amazing on TV. Live must be absolutely nuts.

2 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Newcastle United Wilson GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

That was absolutely incredible. Had to wipe away a few tears just stood there as the champions league music played out. Looked at my dad and he was doing exactly the same thing. Couldn't even imagine what was about to follow. Don't think you could have written it any better, it was just fucking perfect. 

Town is still absolutely bouncing. One mate am out with and his brother are Charlton fans and even they're buzzing. 

Was in tears by the line-up anthem, had a headache by HT and throat was knackered by the end.

I just don't know how tomorrow - or any other day - can compete with this one...... one of the greatest nights we'll ever see. So blessed to have this lot as our squad, I just love 'em all so much :aww:

The noise inside SJP was absurd, absolutely absurd. Will forever be gutted that I wasn't there.

What a fucking football club we are.

18 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Our scorers being:

Almiron - considered fairly shit under Bruce and gets a lot of criticism even these days 

Burn - local lad who gets a lot of criticism 

Longstaff - local lad who seemed destined for the lower leagues under Bruce

Schar - absolute bargain who seemed like his career was over here under Bruce and now seems like pound for pound our best ever signing 

Those 4 scoring tonight, chefs fucking kiss

Two Rafa boys 'n all. (Plus a third brought through by Rafa)

("Good job toons" looking down from the sky)

Edited by Superior Acuña