West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

Just now, wormy said:

Now is not the time for laughing, IP. We just drew away to West Ham ffs.

:lol: oh fucking hell you just reminded me I forgot to put my black armband on for the rest of the day. Will stick it on now. 

Re the game anyway, the spell we had second half had me thinking once again what a fun time it is to support us. Absolutely battered them for about 25 minutes and the second goal in particular was brilliant. Wish Isak had managed the hatrick. 

First half we dominated the ball but looked a bit toothless and last 20 minutes we decided to mostly let them have the ball. Whether that was tactical or due to fatigue I don't know, but we probably thought we could ride it out and get the 3 points. 

Overall annoying to lose 2 points right near the end but I thought we played alright and am fairly happy. It's a performance that continues the momentum rather than halting it, and in a long hard season where we're not full strength then that's priority #1. 

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Still at it, I see. Fair enough, last resort and all that. 

I think if you go through the posts you’ll see that my point was to question whether he is the man for the big occasion games. I also said, very clearly, I hope he proves me wrong and will hold my hands up and say so if he does. If you then read through my posts over last few weeks in the Howe thread, you’ll see that I compliment him repeatedly.

But don’t let facts get in the way of a good narrative. Bellend.

Ok fair enough. But you should honestly be able to see why it sounded like you were implying that he is not good enough. You do have a habit of changing the goalposts as evidenced by Anderson

We will disagree on things, but at least in the end we can agree that your posts are generally diseased.

I think Theregulars wants to make a good point but is so frustrated by the draw that emotion is clouding his words. 

I get it. Its hard to make rational comments when a win/game gets away from you. Sometimes it's wise to go away and gather your thoughts before diving into this place.

The job comments to vinny were largely uncalled for and probably worth an apology. 

I actually don't think Anderson will ever be an elite player but he is a decent PL player and he's young and likely to get better. Nothing wrong with rooting for a young lad and a local boy no less.

Edited by STM

1 minute ago, STM said:

I think Theregulars wants to make a good point but is so frustrated by the draw that emotion is clouding his words. 

I get it. Its hard to make rational comments when a win/game gets away from you. Sometimes it's wise to go away and gather your thoughts before diving into this place.

The job comments to vinny were largely uncalled for and probably worth an apology. 

I actually don't think Anderson will ever be an elite player but he is a decent PL player and he's young and likely to get better. Nothing wrong with rooting for a young lad and a local boy no less.

I just don’t know what Anderson is, and I fear he doesn’t either. Thought he played right wing for Bristol Rovers?

Of the young players coming through I’m pretty certain Miley is the more elite player.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

The job post wasn’t that bad. It’s when he said that he hopes my whole family gets raped and dies of AIDS as a result, I felt that he may have had his toe on the line.

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Good result, mind.

They are a good team and a lot better than the mess we humiliated last season. Overall, a good result despite conceding late. If Bruno got sent off in the first half, as he probably should have, it's likely we would have lost. A draw with a depleted team is a good result overall.