West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

3 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I just don’t agree at all. He’s a nothing player, the kind one describes as “neat and tidy”. Essentially this is just opinion v opinion, so not more I can really do.

Don't know what your expectations are tbh. He's an academy player fighting his way through (let's face it we haven't had many of those recently so writing him off already is poor imo), getting more playing time than he likely would have due to injuries. He's technically very good, a local lad and should be getting supported, not called a "nothing" player ffs.

1 minute ago, madras said:

I'm only disappointed in that we were leading and dominating and had a very good chance to put it beyond doubt.

I'd ha e took a point before and happy that we can dominate a team like West Ham. Just need to create more against low blocks. It'll come

Completely agree. In isolation a point in this fixture is decent and I'd be reasonably happy - the timing and the manner of it is what makes it painful.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

I think he'd do well to commit to turning himself into an absolute unit physically. Go live with Joelinton for a year or some shit.

I think he'd have the makings of a very good #8 once he's filled out a bit more.

Hasn’t he done that already? He’s swole now. 

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

No. He’s an inexperienced, young academy player who’s clearly a talented footballer. He played out of position today. 

I agree he’s inexperienced and that he’s talented. I disagree that he is good enough at the level we want to be at. It’s not a particularly controversial view.

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I’m sorry but that’s complete horse shit and you know it is. The words I used were “seems like he’s not the man for the big occasion” on the basis that we have a mixed record in big matches. 

You posted the other day you’d never survived a job longer than 2 years - wonder why, given you appear to have no grip on reality or what words mean. 

Lying about what people say to try and fit in with others at someone’s expense is vermin-like behaviour. Shame on you.

Our big matches have tended to be against teams most would say have better and deeper squads. We'll be there soon.

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

I’m sorry but that’s complete horse shit and you know it is. The words I used were “seems like he’s not the man for the big occasion” on the basis that we have a mixed record in big matches. 

You posted the other day you’d never survived a job longer than 2 years - wonder why, given you appear to have no grip on reality or what words mean. 

Lying about what people say to try and fit in with others at someone’s expense is vermin-like behaviour. Shame on you.

[emoji38]

Its games like this one that highlights how much we are desperate for a creative midfielder to break down teams low block and that sit deep for periods. Pacqueta would be ideal for our Midfield alongside Bruno. All in all though for not being at the races for much of the game a point was a fair result

1 minute ago, Shak said:

I think he'd do well to commit to turning himself into an absolute unit physically. Go live with Joelinton for a year or some shit.

I think he'd have the makings of a very good #8 once he's filled out a bit more.

Carroll & Nolan mk 2, I'm here for it

Just now, Theregulars said:

I agree he’s inexperienced and that he’s talented. I disagree that he is good enough at the level we want to be at. It’s not a particularly controversial view.

but we’re nowhere near being the level we want to be at, and we probably won’t be for many years. So why do you hope it’s the last we see of Anderson but not the likes of Burn, Longstaff, Lascelles, Murphy, Wilson etc. given they’re also nowhere near the level we want to be at?

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

but we’re nowhere near being the level we want to be at, and we probably won’t be for many years. So why do you hope it’s the last we see of Anderson but not the likes of Burn, Longstaff, Lascelles, Murphy, Wilson etc. given they’re also nowhere near the level we want to be at?

I think all those players are better than him, essentially.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Can't wait till we're as mint as Man City so we don't have to have as many match threads for games where we don't win

:lol: bring back the 12 pagers where no fucker watched it.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

I've always foreseen Anderson as a bit of a Ross Barkley, not really given him all that much thought though tbf.

Pretty decent comparison that. Could still go on to fulfil the promise Barkley never did, but he's clearly not the finished article yet, and no one should expect him to be.

I don’t really get the froth for saying a player isn’t good enough. For clarity I think it was a good point today, no qualms. Performance was good enough given the context. 

It’s probably more to do with the fact you said you hope it’s the last we see of him. 

I've heard, and read, the same "not good enough" comments for most of our squad.

Burn, Longstaff, Almiron, big Joe, Gordon, Lacelles and even Howe, all have been called out, it now seems a young lad with barely a handful of starts is the latest.

🤦

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I’m also not sure I understand your argument. We kind of are at that level, no? We’re playing in the CL having finished 4th and we’re trying to repeat.

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

I don’t really get the froth for saying a player isn’t good enough. For clarity I think it was a good point today, no qualms. Performance was good enough given the context. 

You're doing a great job of slowly moderating your bizarre take after the backlash. Honestly quite impressive. Give it another few posts and you'll be saying he's an undoubted prospect who just needs a bit of time. :clap:

Have I ever said that?

You want Anderson binned asap because he’s nowhere near the level we want to be at. But happy to keep the other players I mentioned despite also being nowhere near the level we want to be at. Doesn’t make sense.