West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

11 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Anderson is a "nothing player" really is quite some take, mind :lol: 

Is it though? What does he bring to the side? What excites you about hearing his name on the team sheet beyond being local? 

From what I’ve seen, he looks like a water carrier. 

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

If we held on to the win, we would have been right back in the race for the title. Gutted….

held on v Liverpool and today we’d be firmly 3rd right now. It’s about 10-15 mins away from that. 

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Anderson is a "nothing player" really is quite some take, mind :lol: 

He’s absolutely not a nothing player. He’s been incredibly unlucky with shots on goal and could have had a few for wuh already 

Just now, Theregulars said:

Is it though? What does he bring to the side? What excites you about hearing his name on the team sheet beyond being local? 

From what I’ve seen, he looks like a water carrier. 

Taking a wild stab but I'd bet that you've called Longstaff a nothing player at some point too.

You do understand that you don't have to score or assist to contribute to a game? I'm fairly sure 54 posted a nice group of stats that showed at the very least he's contributing to the side.

He's also got incredible footwork. I've seen that with my eyes.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Taking a wild stab but I'd bet that you've called Longstaff a nothing player at some point too.

You do understand that you don't have to score or assist to contribute to a game? I'm fairly sure 54 posted a nice group of stats that showed at the very least he's contributing to the side.

d4a17db19e58241c826a313b878e6446.png

1 minute ago, STM said:

Not sure - Longstaff looked better when he broke in than Anderson does now. 

Sure - but do you also understand that I can still think he’s just not the one?

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

d4a17db19e58241c826a313b878e6446.png

And that's at the age of 20. The cutthroat part of the game, the assists and goals are often the last parts to arrive and are in the post with Anderson AFAIC.

Edited by Kid Icarus

My fundamental issue with him is too much backward passing, slow in transition sometimes and lack of end product. He is good at running around in the formation, has quick feet with the ball and is an adequate tackler and “safe” passer. 

When I say nothing player, I mean that he is not memorable and doesn’t really contribute loads. He’s replaceable without us getting any worse.

Just now, Theregulars said:

My fundamental issue with him is too much backward passing, slow in transition sometimes and lack of end product. He is good at running around in the formation, has quick feet with the ball and is an adequate tackler and “safe” passer. 

When I say nothing player, I mean that he is not memorable and doesn’t really contribute loads. He’s replaceable without us getting any worse.

And, to avoid any goalpost related accusations, I don’t think he’s good enough for us, no.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

And that's at the age of 20. The cutthroat part of the game, the assists and goals are often the last parts to arrive and are in the post with Anderson AFAIC.

Wasting your time - haters gonna keep doubling down. 

Injuries and suspensions are part of the game but if we have the likes of Botman, Joelinton, Barnes, Willock available we can maintain that intensity from the PSG game and indeed within the game itself. With a full or nearly full squad we win that game, we’re better than them. A draw under the circumstances is a good result. 

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

I bet he wonders why everyone around him is a jackass.

No, primarily you. 

Again, seeking to impose thoughts and falsehoods on me. It’s such low level wanker behaviour. It’s ok, you’ve shown that you’re ready to speak up for what you see as the popular opinion, you’ve been accepted. 

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

No, primarily you. 

Again, seeking to impose thoughts and falsehoods on me. It’s such low level wanker behaviour. It’s ok, you’ve shown that you’re ready to speak up for what you see as the popular opinion, you’ve been accepted. 

:lol: I thought what Pata thought regarding your comments, you sad sad weirdo. Maybe it’s not about being accepted. Maybe it’s your bizarre opinions and  robocall charm. 

Edited by Vinny Green Balls