Manchester United 0-3 Newcastle United (01/11/23)

Disco

42 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Happy birthday, man. Hope you enjoyed  your gift from NUFC. 

Thank you, I did indeed.

Re Man U, I've seen this before with clubs when a very successful dynasty comes to an end. Man U didn't win the league for about 25 years, and similarly Liverpool struggled after their golden era ended.

They get to a certain point, and then the pressure of trying to get that one stage further creeps in. The lesson is - don't buy players who aren't any better than the ones you've got, however good they are.

12 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Thank you, I did indeed.

Re Man U, I've seen this before with clubs when a very successful dynasty comes to an end. Man U didn't win the league for about 25 years, and similarly Liverpool struggled after their golden era ended.

They get to a certain point, and then the pressure of trying to get that one stage further creeps in. The lesson is - don't buy players who aren't any better than the ones you've got, however good they are.

Man Utd have only won two league titles outside of the Busby-Ferguson eras. They were both in the early 1900s.

Same happend last time we won there. Some Newcastle fans had a booth or something above the home fans where I was sitting and there were people climbing over several rows, my seat included, to get to them. :memelol:

If you go in the home end, then you have to hold your nerve, and not give yourself away like.

It’s a problem of their own making though. Season ticket holders have to buy home cup tickets, they obviously can’t afford it all the time, can’t be arsed to go, or make midweek trips from outside the area. They would have bought the tickets on a 3rd party site which is allowed, and that just allows things like that to happen.

Edited by Stifler

Onana must be getting onto Claudio Bravo levels of letting shots in. Hadn’t realised how far away he is from all three goals, Lil Joe especially is in before he dives. 

Yes he’s the best passer we’ve ever seen and should be given a knighthood for his services to passing to the full back which no one has ever done before but he couldn’t save a Word file. 

I mean we essentially won that with ten men aswell.

No disrespect intended to Ritchie ? but he barely got near the ball, other than a few set pieces early on, and couldn't get near a player to make a tackle either. Felt bit sorry for him, must be hard as a professional when your legs have well and truly gone.