Manchester United 0-3 Newcastle United (01/11/23)

Disco

5 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

It's no coincidence...they work well together. Probably our best line up. Longstaff is getting better every game, and isn't far away from being an essential component 

Got to admire his increased confidence to try that half volley that misses by millimetres. Almost a shame that Matty didn't progress in the same way

Edited by gjohnson

15 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Got to admire his increased confidence to try that half volley that misses by millimetres. Almost a shame that Matty didn't progress in the same way

That was a glorious strike, would have been one hell of a goal. Obviously Howe is building up his confidence to have a go from that sort of range, he's had similar results from Miggy who could barely buy a goal pre-Howe.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

That was a glorious strike, would have been one hell of a goal. Obviously Howe is building up his confidence to have a go from that sort of range, he's had similar results from Miggy who could barely buy a goal pre-Howe.

He's gone up in my estimation from "a local kid who loves the club" to a player we would now genuinely miss if he isn't playing

10 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I know Andy cole hasn't been well, but he's an awful fucking pundit. Lacks any emotion or excitement, the opposite of what he was like on the pitch. 

Seems like he doesn't like us? He never bigs us up from what I've seen. Crazy since he set the world alight when he played for us and was worshipped like crazy. Every kid I knew back in school wanted to be Andy Cole man.

Edited by pedro111

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Great view of the build up for the 2nd goal. Watch Miggy flash the eyes "go on" for Joe to make that move so he can play the pass between the defenders.

Edited by madras

2 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Seems like he doesn't like us? He never bigs us up from what I've seen. Crazy since he set the world alight when he played for us and was worshipped like crazy. Every kid I knew back in school wanted to be Andy Cole man.

Last night was the first time I've ever heard him talk about when he used to play for us. Absolutely crazy considering how highly thought of he was for the 20 months or so he was here.

It's as if he was embarrassed that he played for us before we've hit this level.

Just now, pedro111 said:

Definitely isn't impartial. Daft thing is I don't think he realises that he's still adored from a very small but significant part of our history. 

He could walk past old Trafford in 20+ years and nobody would know who he is, but if he did the same in Newcastle he'd be greeted instantly, and positively

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Easily the worst motorway in the country. 

HGV wars are back baby! I've been waiting for this moment! 

M62 is bad I guess but I'll raise you M6 from Preston to Birmingham. Absolute torture.