Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

The fact they were saying on the radio in their droves they shouldn’t have released the audio as makes them looks silly “because it wasn’t a goal” shows you’ll never ever please everyone. 

There were even criticisms of the audio sounding too matey and not professional enough yet they’ve argued for officials to be more relatable and open and transparent and not so protective of each other 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Bin it and accept the referee’s decision. The end.

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The fact they were saying on the radio in their droves they shouldn’t have released the audio as makes them looks silly “because it wasn’t a goal” shows you’ll never ever please everyone. 

There were even criticisms of the audio sounding too matey and not professional enough yet they’ve argued for officials to be more relatable and open and transparent and not so protective of each other 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Yeah, have goal line technology the semi automated offside they had in the World Cup and then just use var for stuff that’s blatantly missed like for example Zidane’s headbutt in the World Cup. This reviewing & checking every incident is so tedious and ruining the game 

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

They're either rushing it too much or they're taking to long is another classic complaint. Sometimes it feels like whatever they do they will be heavily criticised. I get VAR isn't perfect in the PL, but sometimes they just can't win. You have some situations where nomatter what they do, even if they do the right thing, they will be critcised like hell.

Edited by Erikse

3 hours ago, MagMal said:

It makes me laugh as the fans, the media and the clubs are to blame for VAR, for years as soon as the TV cameras started to get good pictures of the games everyone started to moan about the referees, highlighting everything they missed, football reacted and put in VAR to try and stop this but made things worse.

I blame Andy Townsend's tactics truck.

If you mean the viewing experience, then maybe. In terms of refereeing mistakes in key situations there are definetly way less of them after VAR. There's no doubt about that. The mistakes are just being talked about way more, because people hold them to a way higher standard when they can watch the replays.

Edited by Erikse

9 hours ago, Erikse said:

They're either rushing it too much or they're taking to long is another classic complaint. Sometimes it feels like whatever they do they will be heavily criticised. I get VAR isn't perfect in the PL, but sometimes they just can't win. You have some situations where nomatter what they do, even if they do the right thing, they will be critcised like hell.

Yep damned if they do and damned if they don’t. I think I read somewhere that actual errors in the VAR process are much reduced this season but the discussion about it gets worse. 

It feels like the biggest sides lobbied for it as they thought a bad decision might cost them some of that sweet sweet revenue. They are now stood there aghast that it means that decisions might go against them. 

I’ve been fairly consistent in my position that you scrap the whole thing and ultimate authority resides in the referee and if there are a few mistakes, that’s life get on with it. 

Edited by GeordieDazzler

It annoys me when it keeps being referred to as Newcastle's "controversial goal" against Arsenal.

It's not controversial. It was a goal. And it was checked, checked and checked again.

The only thing that's controversial about it is that blubbering fool Arteta.

Hope they put VAR in his bedroom and Peter Walton rules out all his orgasms.

14 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Hard to make yourself look more whiny than Liverpool but kudos to Arsenal, they’ve knocked it out the park :lol:

Not really surprised, they were whining about timewasting for more than half a year after that 0-0 game.. We've had several teams do that to us in some of our draws last season, but we got over it pretty quickly. On every social media post they were commenting stuff like "Timewaster FC", and most of the complaints about our timewasting last season came from Arsenal fans. The rest of the toxic comments are from Liverpool fans commenting about oil money and human rights after we took their CL spot. Funny how Liverpool fans all of a sudden started caring so much more about human rights in Saudi after we got 4th ahead of them.

Edited by Erikse

13 hours ago, Erikse said:

If you mean the viewing experience, then maybe. In terms of refereeing mistakes in key situations there are definetly way less of them after VAR. There's no doubt about that. The mistakes are just being talked about way more, because people hold them to a way higher standard when they can watch the replays.

The people that want to scrap it seem to be forgetting that we used to have to deal with shit like Thierry Henry vs Ireland on a regular basis.

It's way better now, despite doing a horrible job, and it will get better still as they begin to be less terrible at it.

Embarrassing from Keown. We don’t have a perfect infallible system and never will until the world is all AI-led. As it stands, he’s basically saying if you take away all the desperate flawed logic “I want them to not charge Arteta and Arsenal and I think the goal should have been disallowed. And why? Because I’m biased”

He’s made himself look a complete joke. Too many Arsenal fans are lost in their own echo chamber 

10 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Just got round to watching it, my word Keown is an absolute knacker

(Apologies if sharing talksport is a no go but it's worth watching for how absurd Keown was)

I usually can’t stand Jim White (Simon Jordan is becoming much more reasonable in recent months), but Jim’s reactions and stirring in this are hilarious 😂

13 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Just got round to watching it, my word Keown is an absolute knacker

(Apologies if sharing talksport is a no go but it's worth watching for how absurd Keown was)

It's because they know games like that is why they won't win the title tbh.