Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Newcastle United (07/11/23)

Yorkie

34 minutes ago, Stifler said:

He’s on every so often. He was on a few weeks ago and he was saying that Tonali should get a very lengthy ban, doesn’t think he has an addiction, and wouldn’t care if he did, and also accused us of knowing about it. He virtually admitted that when he had players with mental health issues, he just said ‘There there, pull yourself together’ and left them to it.

The same day Jordon was blasting him about how he had players going to ground for free kicks and penalties. He was almost in tears trying to defend himself.

What a dick. I vaguely remember him years ago taking the piss out of dabizas in the studio, was completely unprofessional. Coming from a cunt who managed shit like Simon Grayson and of course....11 shit mackems 

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

What was with the demonstration. We don't care about the sport, only the money? If that was aimed at NUFC support a bit ridiculous given we've been shite for 40 plus years for the most part.

Apparently aimed at UEFA.

Aye, we definitely have all the luck in the world like with injuries…! 

isak was definitely a big miss tonight. I think his quality up front would have been very clinical for us, but it wasn’t to be. 

I’d likely expect a couple big signings January. These injuries aren’t just knocks. We’re looking really light at the minute. 

All this talk of hoping to finish 4th, if we can’t get out of this group, needs to be put to bed. You never, ever turn down the chance to keep playing in Europe if given the opportunity. Bollocks to the risk of injury & fatigue, the experience will be invaluable.

To echo what some others have said, losses don't feel as shit as they used to. Especially when playing big teams like this. 

Just goes to show that we still have levels to achieve. I'm enjoying this ride of improvement, and to be world class overnight would rob us of the journey there. 

One thing I couldn't work out was why did we show them so much respect at the start..

It took Dortmund scoring a goal to actually start tackling them and going forward with the ball.  

It was similar to the AC Milan game, but for that we just defended the full 90 minutes.

A lot can change with 2 games to go and a 3 week break until the next game, pressure off, no one expects us to win in Paris and no one expects us to qualify from here. I'd be happy with a Europa place but it's not quite game over yet.

3 minutes ago, dcmk said:

One thing I couldn't work out was why did we show them so much respect at the start..

It took Dortmund scoring a goal to actually start tackling them and going forward with the ball.  

It was similar to the AC Milan game, but for that we just defended the full 90 minutes.

It's not really showing too much respect, it's trying to get the ball off CL seasoned outfits like these,and imposing your game on them

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

It's not really showing too much respect, it's trying to get the ball off CL seasoned outfits like these,and imposing your game on them

Particularly when we’re down to the bare bones and have just come off a ballistic draining game vs Arsenal.

46 minutes ago, mush said:

Would like to see Trippier and Longstaff rested on Saturday if possible. Thought those two in particular looked spent tonight (understandably).

We've got 10 games between 28th November and 1st January, and they're going to be vital during that run

I wish they could all have a holiday

We had one player on the pitch with any real CL experience, Trippier. Then missing 3 players we'd class as CL quality, in Botman, Tonali and Isak.

Nothing to be negative about that performance, more of a personnel issue than tactical for me. We're just having to play teams that have that extra technical ability and experience across the pitch. Nothing more to it, we'll be there in time, but for now I'm LOVING it!