Bournemouth 2-0 Newcastle United (11/11/23)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, nufc4eva said:

No runs or any real movement, caught on the ball time and time again, tripper shit game today, Matt Richie shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch. Ah well hopefully regroup after international break. Also midfield non-existant defending.

Me however has had runs and movement all day.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Bournemouth damn lucky to face us at home this gameweek.

Think we're lucky to get one of the shit sides away. A better team would have destroyed us today, and we wouldn't want to be playing like that in the home game. 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Better players, larger squad, look at what happened to them at the start of last season when they has 5 or 6 out 

Larger squad? Not by much. And as I said in my comment, they played their key players pretty much every single game. It's not like they rotated all that much when Mane was there. Mane, Salah, Robertson, van Dijk, Fabinho, Henderson, Firmino, Trent, Matip, etc. Twice a week. Their bench was way weaker than the starters, but they didn't need them that much.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

We have been horseshit.

We've been playing kids and retirees because, as a few people have mentioned, our entire first team is missing through injury or suspension.

Except Pope, Schär, Tripps, Joelinton, Gordon, Longstaff and Almiron who all started the game. Most on here would have Tino or Hall in the team over Burn as well. We can dress it up anyway we like but this the performance regardless of players missing was poor. A draw would have been OK/Good, a win excellent.

That’s not me calling Howe or the players shit by the way. We’ll get there, we’ll learn from this. 

Just now, Erikse said:

Larger squad? Not by much. And as I said in my comment, they played their key players pretty much every single game. It's not like they rotated all that much when Mane was there. Mane, Salah, Robertson, van Dijk, Fabinho, Henderson, Firmino, Trent, Matip, etc. Twice a week. Their bench was way weaker, but they didn't need it that much.

Go and support them, then.

Just now, nufc123 said:

We all know why we have trouble but the performance have been really poor either way.

Aye but it's the response to the poor performance that gets me... you either see it for what it is and accept it, or gan on like a spoilt bitch and whinge. 

I do see it as a 'poor performance' yet I have absolutely zero complaints and don't pick out negatives because in my opinion, it's fuckin unfair to criticise the team tonight. 

19 minutes ago, Andy said:

Fatigue and injuries obviously an issue, but there have been some really poor individual performances here from key senior players. Trippier, Longstaff, Joelinton, Willock and Gordon in particular have been rank on the ball and with their decision making. 

Genuinely think our lack of time on the training ground is the cause. 

1 minute ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Go and support them, then.

My point is, it's not just that we're not ready for Europe and that this is what usually happens when you're in Europe. It's crazy to have all these injuries at once. We would be ready for Europe if this freaky thing didn't happen. Is it just bad luck or something else? Something about training or our physios?

Edited by Erikse

Bournemouth were just better.

Played hard, aggressive, forced us into unlimited errors. 

Good to see Trippier frustrated at the end, his character is superb, he's hugely disappointed which hopefully will lead to lifting his game and the rest of the lads.

Pope and Tino were class.

Huge credit to Bournemouth. They played a great game. Cup final levels of energy and a great, well executed game plan. Great tenacity from them.

Newcastle were down to bare bones. Didn't have the players in the middle to control the tempo of the game.

We have been really good at replacing players and retaining our identity but Bruno was one step too far. Longstaff looked like pre-Bruno Longstaff without him.

Hopefully we get players back soon. No need to panic. Would have been a great bonus to get anything out of today with the fitness of the squad. Lots of reasons to remain cheerful.

Commentator just said Trippiers gone to our away support a group of fans have got in a heated exchange with him and stewards have had to pull tripps away. He was then hanging at the back of the players group. Camera didn't show anything but it did pan back to him a minute ago and you could see he was proper seething.

I can't complain much about the match really. The performance was really poor, but it was so obviously massively influenced by injuries, suspensions, and fatigue that it makes it hard to apportion any real blame to anything other than those things.

We could have done with the last weekend before the international break being last week.

Get us in and rested for an extra week and hopefully come back ready to fire on more cylinders 

Pope: 8.5

Trippier: 4.5

Lascelles: 6.5

Schär: 5

Hall: 5.5 Livramento: 5.5

Miley: 6

Longstaff: 5

Joelinton: 4

Willock: 5.5

Gordon: 5.5

Almiron: 5.5

Ritchie: 5