Newcastle United 4-1 Chelsea (25/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 27 | Goal-posts: OP

Yorkie

Just now, GEFAFWISP said:

Is Cucurella an actual professional footballer or some floppy haired Spanish plumber that's hoodwinked Todd Boehly? Pathetic player.

Offers nothing in attack or defence. Didnt think much of him at Brighton either, but people say he was good there.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He wasn’t much cop again today.  But given your handle, I can see why it seems mental. 

No it’s not that just it’s utterly crazy to suggest selling him. He’s likely not fully fit, just got back from Brazil games and is already being asked to play out of his skin every single game like the rest of them. Players can have bad games without suggesting we flog them immediately. 

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

No it’s not that just it’s utterly crazy to suggest selling him. He’s likely not fully fit, just got back from Brazil games and is already being asked to play out of his skin every single game like the rest of them. Players can have bad games without suggesting we flog them immediately. 

Easy to misread tone, but I don’t want shot of him - I like Joelinton.  Love hun in fact - we all remember what he was, and what he’s become.  But if we’re wanting to step up another level, I could easily see him leaving in the next 18 months; he’ll fetch a fair old sum.  I wasn’t saying we should sell him - just that I think that there’s a chance he’s one of those who goes before the next step up (as long as FFP exists, this also doesn’t help)

55 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

We’re so much greater than the sum of our parts, the exact opposite to Chelsea

And the amount of goals we’re scoring is unreal, with so many players hitting the net

Sir Eddie of Howe, I’d pipe you dry in a heartbeat 

[emoji38]

51 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Easy to misread tone, but I don’t want shot of him - I like Joelinton.  Love hun in fact - we all remember what he was, and what he’s become.  But if we’re wanting to step up another level, I could easily see him leaving in the next 18 months; he’ll fetch a fair old sum.  I wasn’t saying we should sell him - just that I think that there’s a chance he’s one of those who goes before the next step up (as long as FFP exists, this also doesn’t help)

I liked your original post because I agree, somebody has to go eventually. I miss Maxi and for sure I'd miss Big Joe. I wonder if selling off would unsettle Bruno though. His Brazilian mate. Hey, keep and work the sponsorship magic or win that CL group and I'll not be upset.

4 minutes ago, McDog said:

I liked your original post because I agree, somebody has to go eventually. I miss Maxi and for sure I'd miss Big Joe. I wonder if selling off would unsettle Bruno though. His Brazilian mate. Hey, keep and work the sponsorship magic or win that CL group and I'll not be upset.

I can see how my OP can look reactive, and it’s impossible to tell on the internet if someone’s overreacting in the moment or is trying to be provocative etc.  But I agree - most players ultimately move on (and I don’t tend to get overly attached).  Ultimately we will need to start bringing in healthy transfer fees to boost the budget - players like Joelinton and Almiron are effective net gains on FFP because of the length of time they’ve been here, and the fact that we’d get decent sized fees for them.  All that matters to me is NUFC improving - players come and go.