Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

I'm not going to blame VAR for that, the ref shouldn't be giving it after the review. Still, it is what it is, games over now and 4pts from PSG in the Champs League isn't to be sniffed at. The deciding match for us, at home against Milan, makes that next game really exciting for us, just hope our injuries improve... or at the very least, don't get worse!

But he doesn't review it without VAR!

Staggering decision making all round. 

3 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Fair enough, but what happened to our passing,our composure ?

God man they give their absolute all and were dead on their feet, we couldn't make a sub away from home in Europe between two hard  prem games. Aye our passing game went about when knackered and under the cosh. Give them some credit. Are some of our fans becoming spoilt already, going on like a man united or spurs fan tbh.

Absolutely livid with that, got into injury time and head was telling me they could go all night and not find a way through us, bunch of absolute warriors. To then go and give that extremely dubious penalty to gift them the draw enraged me, absolute sucker punch we didn't deserve.

Just now, Holloway said:

Fair enough, but what happened to our passing,our composure ?

It's almost like the squad was so far on the bare bones of its arse already that we couldn't make a single change that didn't involve giving a youngster only his first or second appearance for the club.

Are you genuinely surprised that our depleted squad had to concede control to PSG on their turf while they sought an equaliser?

The team did everything needed to get a clean sheet until corruption interfered. I just don't know how you watch that performance and say 'yeah if we had a bit more possession..'.

Still absolutely radge about that, but let’s not take anything away from the team performance tonight. Absolutely outstanding, from all over.

In the end it took the ref having an awful thirty seconds for one of the “best” clubs in Europe to get a draw against us at home. So proud of the boys for everything they have tonight.

Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

I'm not going to blame VAR for that, the ref shouldn't be giving it after the review. Still, it is what it is, games over now and 4pts from PSG in the Champs League isn't to be sniffed at. The deciding match for us, at home against Milan, makes that next game really exciting for us, just hope our injuries improve... or at the very least, don't get worse!

Once they ask him to go over I don’t really blame him. A full stadium are calling for the penalty. You’ve said no. Now your colleague thinks you’re wrong.  

Going over is a waste of time. 98% of the time they change their mind. 

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

But why are they even asking him to look? Even the act of asking him to review the decision implies to him that he’s made a mistake. Why can’t they just look at the video and say it’s clearly not a pen? 

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

CBS has a rules analyst on explaining that this is the correct interpretation of the rule according to FIFA, even though no one likes it including referees. She thinks next season deflection and proximity will be part of the rule again and in that case this wouldn't be a pen.

Carragher described it as awful decision.

So why wasn't the one on Miley a pen? Exact same scenario just off his thigh.

1 minute ago, aussiemag said:

Are we going to be knackered for Man Utd on Saturday? We have one days extra rest than them? I suppose we at least get Kraft and Richie back? Maybe Longstaff .. 

Yes but on the plus side they play away in Turkey tomorrow.