FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

Exciting draw.

Hearts frequently get Hibs in the Cups up here. 12 times (Hearts 8 Hibs 4) in the last 18 seasons. It's great winning derbies but pumping Hibs out a Cup is always special.

We avoided them for the January tie this season but got another Edinburgh club, Spartans, instead.

High time you beat Sunderland and all the best when the game comes around.

Toon Army.

Ps. Do you still do replays in the FA Cup? You might play them twice, if so. ? 

Edited by martoon

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Who do we expect to be back by then - Longstaff, Willock...? Botman maybe? Wilson?

Would, for obvious reasons, love to see Anderson, Longstaff and Miley start this. Plus Dummett and Murphy and BDB! 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

46 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I don’t think they have the players to battle and unsettle us, they do try to open up and play quick attacking football but that plays in to our hands.

They've got players willing to kick, foul and in their eyes, hopefully take out a player and become a cult hero. We need a strong ref, one who simply won't allow that to happen. If I were Howe, I'd be making noises about that in the build up, specifically around O'Nien. 

43 minutes ago, dave s said:

ticket allocation? 

Christ, even amongst some of the games I’ve missed out on this season, it’s going to be tough not being there (…unless I come up with a cunning plan!). 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Want us to bury these by half time. And take the absolute piss in the 2nd half by bringing on the likes of Ritchie and Dummett and still beat them 2nd half. Or lets just bring in some new players before the tie and let them.grab fheir debut goals in the 2nd half.

18 minutes ago, Klaus said:

58 pages so far on rtg :lol:

There’s a chance this could derail their season. 

They’ll now not be arsed about the games between now and then. Everything will be about ‘beating the Mags’ for the next month.

Could easily drift to lower mid-table, then get done by us, crowd goes fully against Mowbray, and they’re back into the cycle of another manager in and wanting ‘his’ players.