FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

49 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

You will win, but it might be closer than I originally thought.

Good time to play us, Teddy, given run of form and injuries, but I do think there were signs last night of a turn around. There will be a hell of an atmosphere anyway. Are you going? 

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

Why do you think that? It's one thing being outclassed by better players, I don't think there's any excuse for losing to worse ones.

Fatigue, away form, poor form in general, mental exhaustion and low confidence, high pressure, Howe's FA Cup record. It has all the hallmarks of a match we'll lose.

I'm fed up with saying it, but quality doesn't matter when players aren't at the needed energy levels. We're better than Everton, Forest, Chelsea and Luton but it didn't mean anything.

In a way this match reminds me of the EFL Cup final last season. It's come at a time where our form and energy has plummeted.

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

At least @Dokko will be happy [emoji38]

Not at all. Won around 600 combined on the 6 in a row, lost about 400 on the draw....was happier with the draw, and the draw was actual stake not returns.

I'll be over the moon with the win, or even a draw as we'll beat them at SJP, which would make us unbeaten in 3 against them and something I could handle. ?

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Fatigue, away form, poor form in general, mental exhaustion and low confidence, high pressure, Howe's FA Cup record. It has all the hallmarks of a match we'll lose.

I'm fed up with saying it, but quality doesn't matter when players aren't at the needed energy levels. We're better than Forest, Chelsea and Luton but it didn't mean anything.

In a way this match reminds me of the EFL Cup final last season. It's come at a time where our form and energy has plummeted.

Disagree. Liverpool knew they were better than us and they made their quality count all over the pitch. Yes we still made a fight of it, but we could easily have been hammered as well. We have to take that attitude to Sunderland. They are shite, we are going there to save our last chance of a trophy this season. If players can't do what's needed when the pressure is on then they don't belong here.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm fed up with saying it, but quality doesn't matter when players aren't at the needed energy levels. We're better than Everton, Forest, Chelsea and Luton but it didn't mean anything.

Yeah, agree. And, though it's hardly peak December, again we're burdened with a shorter recovery time than is ideal, particularly after such a punishing fixture. 

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think we will win and our season picks up from there 

Love the positivity but not seeing this at all. Even if we do win (big if given the circumstances) we play city and Villa. Two tough games to turn the season around on. 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Love the positivity but not seeing this at all. Even if we do win (big if given the circumstances) we play city and Villa. Two tough games to turn the season around on. 

City and Villa don't matter at this point. Both have better squads and higher paid players. We should have no expectations there, this game is much more important for our season.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

City and Villa don't matter at this point. Both have better squads and higher paid players. We should have no expectations there, this game is much more important for our season.

All games matter, sorry for the cliche but it’s true. We need to ease the pressure and get back on track asap. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

All games matter, sorry for the cliche but it’s true. We need to ease the pressure and get back on track asap. 

Well if you want to go the cliche route, the only game that matters is the next one. Forget about City and Villa we'll worry about them when they come round.

1 minute ago, mattypnufc said:

Chucked £50 on them to win as a contingency. At least I’ll have some cash in my back pocket as compensation. 

I do that every derby tbf. Back them to win, cover bet on the draw that sees me about even or maybe slightly in profit, more than happy to lose the cash if we win. Drowning sorrows money really.

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Good time to play us, Teddy, given run of form and injuries, but I do think there were signs last night of a turn around. There will be a hell of an atmosphere anyway. Are you going? 

Of course.

Just now, The Butcher said:

If Trippier is back I'm 100% certain it will be

Dubz

Tripps

Schar

Botman 

Burn

Longstaff 

Bruno

Joelinton

Almiron

Isak

Gordon

I’d be happy with that. Particularly fancy Miggy to get some joy. Plus, had a horrible thought that Tino might come a cropper like Pistone… random I know, but doubt Burny will be as vulnerable! 

11 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Dubz

Tripps

Schar

Botman 

Burn

Longstaff 

Bruno

Joelinton

Almiron

Isak

Gordon

If we can't win with that team plus Miley, Livra, Laceslles & Hall on the bench then there is something going on in the background we don't know about.

8 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If we can't win with that team plus Miley, Livra, Laceslles & Hall on the bench then there is something going on in the background we don't know about.

Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games

29 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Dubz

Tripps

Schar

Botman 

Burn

Longstaff 

Bruno

Joelinton

Almiron

Isak

Gordon

Id rather Trippier plays against us than Livramento, fancy Clarke to have a go at Trippier with his current form / state whereas Livranemto would nullify him with his pace.

3 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Lose this and unfortunately I think there's a good chance we'll have a new manager in place for the Luton home game in February.

Grow up 

Think we'll get a replay at least, if you are in the midst of an energy slump you just have to find the extra for occasions like this. Oh and I'd never, ever put my hard earned on those tramps to win. That's sending your energy to the wrong spot right there