Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United (02/12/23) | Reaction: Pg. 34 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

I'm also amazed at how many fans of big clubs that compare our spending to theirs and act like an equal net spending from a formely 19th placed Newcastle should give the same results as an already established top club who spends the same. Nottingham spent the same as us last season, but Cooper was still getting praise for a 14th place finish.

Edited by Erikse

40 minutes ago, 54 said:

Out of interest @Froggy, what are the Man United's fans of Ten Haag now? Feels like he's starting to feel the heat, whereas a month ago everyone was still very much behind him. 

Feels like he's made some baffling decisions, Rashford continually starting, Martial being played in place of Hoijland. Varane just being ostracized, and a lack of any real fluidity in the way you play, think people are rightfully starting to turn on him.

I think his stubbornness and inconsistency will be his downfall.

Sancho's effort in training was questioned, and the manager was backed with his decision to remove him from the squad. Same with Ronaldo. However there's a major issue with Rashford continuing to start games and not giving a fuck yet avoiding any sort of punishment. 

The Varane one is hard to take as well. It's been kept under wraps but it seems to be a petty argument and our best centre back is rotting on the bench because of it. 

People are starting to lose faith, but a managerial change won't make a difference anyway. 

Just watched the highlights again to jog my memory. Might have been because I was a few pints deep at the time, but I hadn’t realised how dominant we were. Should have been 1 or 2 up at half time. How good were Miley and Tino man. Absolute superstars.

Some pretty reasonable takes in that thread on Red Cafe IMO.

You're always going to get a large percentage of shite takes on any football forum, lots of football fans are absolute morons who don't really understand what they're looking at. We've plenty on here.

Lazy to zero in on those takes.

Madri Ten Hag is awful. I get the club is badly run. But he has to take plenty of the blame. 

He has been there a while now and I have no clue what his style is supposed to be? Are they a counter attacking side, direct, possession based, high pressing? They don’t seem to have any discernible style. Looks like 11 strangers on the pitch when I’ve seen them this season. 

If he seemed to have a long term plan and the fans and club could tell what it was. Would he not get more slack even though the results are bad? Like I said, I have no idea what he’s trying to build or how he wants his team to play.

When he has been backed to go and get his man. He has spent a lot of money and not massively improved the squad. 

All outside looking in, of course. Probably wide of the mark with some stuff. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

The operating structure and culture at that club is rotten. It’s the same at Chelsea, there’s no togetherness, just infighting and, in Man U’s case, a host of overpaid players lacking discipline or any sort of commitment.

At least that’s the shite the media circus seems to report on. Oh, and their owners are complete arseholes, which trickles down through the club and into the fanbase, bar @Froggy, who’s sound. O0

15 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Madri Ten Hag is awful. I get the club is badly run. But he has to take plenty of the blame. 

He has been there a while now and I have no clue what his style is supposed to be? Are they a counter attacking side, direct, possession based, high pressing? They don’t seem to have any discernible style. Looks like 11 strangers on the pitch when I’ve seen them this season. 

If he seemed to have a long term plan and the fans and club could tell what it was. Would he not get more slack even though the results are bad? Like I said, I have no idea what he’s trying to build or how he wants his team to play.

When he has been backed to go and get his man. He has spent a lot of money and not massively improved the squad. 

All outside looking in, of course. Probably wide of the mark with some stuff. 

Thought he was onto something last season but whatever that was seems a long way in the distance now and was possibly just masked by having Rashford playing out of his skin. 

He’s clearly been fully dictating transfers too since they only seem to get players ge knows or has worked with before which given his managerial history is somewhat limiting and then you’ve got the fallings out every other month which can’t be good for a fairly bad tempered dressing room. All of which works against him too but then he’s not the first to be shite there and probably won’t be the last. Suspect he won’t be there next season regardless if the new part owners come in.

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

:dance:

“He's an okay manager, but lets not pretend that all this "improvement" isn't off the back of spending £400m quid. People in the media are acting surprised that Livramento is a good player: he wasn't free. Nor was Anthony Gordon. The two of them cost £100m quid. If they weren't owned by the Saudi's, neither player would be at their club. Nor would Trippier, who was excellent as always yesterday.

Our own problems (Anthony for instance) cost more, and are worse, but lets not make out that this is some sort of miracle that Howe is working. His side SHOULD be good enough to compete at St James Park with us, Liverpool and City. They've sure spent enough. 

Shearer etc all gonna wank themselves for days over this result, but it's all blood money so feck them and feck the entire media for just swerving the entire issue. It's unbelievable how much I hate those snivelling fecks now, and anyone that "enjoys" their ascent should be immolated. Happy?”

28 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

:dance:

“He's an okay manager, but lets not pretend that all this "improvement" isn't off the back of spending £400m quid. People in the media are acting surprised that Livramento is a good player: he wasn't free. Nor was Anthony Gordon. The two of them cost £100m quid. If they weren't owned by the Saudi's, neither player would be at their club. Nor would Trippier, who was excellent as always yesterday.

Our own problems (Anthony for instance) cost more, and are worse, but lets not make out that this is some sort of miracle that Howe is working. His side SHOULD be good enough to compete at St James Park with us, Liverpool and City. They've sure spent enough. 

Shearer etc all gonna wank themselves for days over this result, but it's all blood money so feck them and feck the entire media for just swerving the entire issue. It's unbelievable how much I hate those snivelling fecks now, and anyone that "enjoys" their ascent should be immolated. Happy?”

IMG_4778.gif.7d98bd118796ea6c9262ecf6eed2f4be.gif

6 hours ago, Froggy said:

He always was. As soon as things get tough he's always the first to fold. 

Even so, there's not giving a fuck, obviously not giving a fuck, clearly not caring that you're obviously not giving a fuck, and actively trying to demonstrate you're clearly not caring that you're obviously not giving a fuck.

Surprised to see him in that last group.

It's an ownership issue. They're doing the Mike Ashley program just at the other end of the scale, so just enough to stay in the competition so you can trouser the TV money. Just in their case it's champions League instead of premier League that they're trying to just barely qualify for.

That attitude, trying to actually make money with a football club, is always going to keep them away from sporting success