Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (07/12/23)

Mike

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We weren’t that bad like, it was just a very scrappy game. 

The two chances we created for Miggy and Isak came when we were a bit more inventive and broke through their press. I think we are playing it safe a bit, not sure if that's fatigue.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

If we play like this against Spurs it's going to be us on the wrong end of 5 goals in 20 minutes this time.

Spurs will be wide open at the back though. They might score a few but they concede for fun as well 

Just now, Myleftboot said:

These scouse Mackems can’t keep up their press as the game goes on. We’ll finish stronger.

I don't think they're even pressing really, maybe DCL and McNeil arw a litrle. They just seem to be blocking up the middle of the pitch and dropping deep. They can certainly do that for 90mins no doubt.

This is the 4th game in 10 days for these players and they've all played the full 90 on each. 

Of course they're tired. 

And we've got 6 games in the next 19 days. We can't be too gung ho or we won't have a team to field before long. 

1 minute ago, Stesbeard said:

Typical Everton home performance this season it would appear and not taking chances. It won’t carry on like that 

Same comment come around every year about a relegation threatened club

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Spurs will be wide open at the back though. They might score a few but they concede for fun as well 

They've only conceded the same amount as Villa. They aren't that bad defensively. 

Just now, Cf said:

This is the 4th game in 10 days for these players and they've all played the full 90 on each. 

Of course they're tired. 

And we've got 6 games in the next 19 days. We can't be too gung ho or we won't have a team to field before long. 

This. Even the way we are playing looks very much like we are trying to nurse 2 or 3 through the game (Definitely Isak and Gordon).

For all Everton are a tough nut to crack at home under the lights etc, they're a fucking awful football team. Pump it long, and see what happens - tough and hard into the challenge but there's not much quality there at all. Basically an A* Burnley. Turbo-Bolton. Whatever you want to call it. They'll get results but it's wank to watch

Just now, Cf said:

Of course they're tired. 

Yeah some perspective is definitely needed. I don’t see the injury situation easing at all until Fulham or Chelsea away in the cup 

Don't understand what people are seeing with the ref. Other than the weird decision to give Pickford the ball he's given both sides a lot of calls. If anything I think he massively helped us in one spell where we seemed determined to keep trying to play it through groups of 3 or 4 Everton players around the box.

The match itself has been dogshit so far. Everton happy to drag us down to their level and unfortunately we've been all too happy to join them. Seems a specific game plan of conserving energy so far so I'm praying we've enough to take the game by the scruff of the neck this half.

Just now, SiLvOR said:

Hardly. We've not been great away all season

But getting results.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

The away form was shite before that.  We’ve been poor away this season

But where up there fighting

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Don't understand what people are seeing with the ref. Other than the weird decision to give Pickford the ball he's given both sides a lot of calls. If anything I think he massively helped us in one spell where we seemed determined to keep trying to play it through groups of 3 or 4 Everton players around the box.

The match itself has been dogshit so far. Everton happy to drag us down to their level and unfortunately we've been all too happy to join them. Seems a specific game plan of conserving energy so far so I'm praying we've enough to take the game by the scruff of the neck this half.

Refs had a great game apart from not giving us the ball after play was stopped.