Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (07/12/23)

Mike

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I love Trippier, but that 1 mistake cost us. They weren't doing a single fucking thing. 

Mate you can either accept playing out from the back will lead to the odd catastrophic mistake, or resort to kicking it into row Z to be on the safe side.

Really fear for us this month unless we get some players back, that was so poor but can you blame them when the same eleven is having to play week in week out? Glad I won’t have to watch Everton’s horrible long ball football again for a long time. 

We’ve had nothing about us tonight. Chances came from their mistakes and we blew it.

Really poor how we crumbled. Some games are just like that and you need to be happy to just take the point that’s on offer.. and it was until Trippier entered the twilight zone.

Impossible to keep pulling rabbits out of the same hat again and again with the same Xi. I know we've got no options and that's the point, they're bound to be fucked and it's bound to have an impact on performances and results. 

Any Newcastle fan having a pop at the team tonight needs a fucking word. I know there were individual mistakes but that's a really, really fucking tired team out there who are trying their best. We got dicked tonight, 3-0 looks like a battering but it was 0-0 for about 80 minutes, they had more in the tank. We lost but it wasn't because of a lack of effort, it's just football sometimes. 

Let's see what happens in the return fixture. 

Just now, worthy said:

Dubs could have done better on all 3. He is just fucking crap.

Nowt he could do with the 2nd and can’t say he did much wrong with the 3rd. Thought it was a pretty poor dive for the 1st. The opening goal was crucial.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Painful one, like. It won't be the last this season/week.

Have to take it on the chin and move on. Results like this can happened when you have half your fucking squad out. Bery frustrating particularly as they’re complete wankers.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

To be honest my eyes are fatigued from this. 

Mine too, I’m sitting here numb at this result. But you know what I cannot get upset at the team.

The starting 11 has been changed around a fair bit this season due to injury and the 11 that remain have given everything up to now.

This injury problems were always going to hurt us at some point, it’s just a case of how badly. 

I can’t be angry about these sort of losses given the wider context - and Trippier hardly does that every week, so it’s hard to give the bloke shite over it.

Dubravka understandably looks rusty, though I don’t think he’s close to Pope’s level his best.  Wonder if the club will try to sign De Gea.

Shite day at the races, that’s all.  Seen plenty of them over the years.  Need to get those injured players back ASAP - and the club needs to seriously look at why we have so many.  I don’t buy ‘bad luck’. 

We had a couple good chances but we can't finish and then just capitulated.

We need to make subs, even if they aren't ready, just take some minutes off some of their legs.

Tonali has really fucked us over tbh. We're desperate for a creative player through the middle.

Edited by TaylorJ_01