Tottenham Hotspur 4-1 Newcastle United (10/12/23)

Yorkie

Just now, Displayname said:

Nah, we were 3rd last year on the away table. 

Think its a mix of coincidence and that the players are able to fight through the tiredness when playing with the home crowd behind them this year.

Last year isn’t this year, and we weren’t playing well away with the full quota of players

Ultimately UCL this early in our journey has been a bit of a curse: raised expectations, too many games for a squad with limited quality running through it, an unforseen, unmittigatable injury list, something had to give and it has. I'm afraid to say I can't see there being much to shout about until the new year. 

We've got to keep taking maximum points at home for now so we have a chance at European placings when we get players back and go on a run of form.

I can't point a finger of blame anywhere, it's all ifs, buts and maybes, Howe has a crap hand to play with and the players are barely running on fumes. I don't think it's fair to apportion blame under the circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Wouldn’t be a favour either. There’s a reason he’s been replaced. 

I know but he’s better than fucking Dubravka. 5 months of this lad between the sticks is going to be torturous. The back 4 have no trust in Dubz and it’s only going to get worse as the games go by. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

What do you think we need to change?

Honestly, I don’t think there is much he can change at the moment given the injury situation - but we have been very passive all season away from home.  Playing with fear - everything set up to snatch a goal.

The last two performances have been more excusable than the previous away days - despite them both being heavy defeats. 

2 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

What sort of system did you have in mind for a team running on empty with nothing on the bench?

And not even a first XI to play with.

Edited by madras

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Ooof, that’s a big and early call.  Howe’s Bournemouth didn’t play like this.  I’ve got a lot of faith that Howe will evolve with the team / club. 

As much as I love Eddie Howe for what he's done for the club and galvanised the team etc I've always believed that he won't be the guy that wins the 1st trophy. The ownership want to dominate and sadly Howe is not as ruthless or as tactically adept as the likes of Klopp,Guardiola,Ancelotti,Tuchel etc and that is the kind of coach you need to become elite

I'd absolutely love to be proved wrong and Howe be the guy who can stay for years create a dynasty and dominate with us but sadly I don't think I will be

Edited by BullyDogs

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Spurs did to us what we did to them last season. Greatly benefitted an easier fixture list, shorter injury list with some vengance sprinkled on top.

Can't fucking wait for our players to start getting back from injuries.

We'll turn this into a run of form soon enough.

Away from home we are already in a run of form. Bad form. 😅

Just now, Gawalls said:

Every change and your opinion on it is speculation but you’d be a fool to ignore the stats and their they’re to see, we’ve conceded more goals in dubs last two games than we did under Popes last TEN games. For you to dismiss that with a “that’s pure bullshit” and a you’re talking bollocks style emote is mental in my opinion.  

also I never once mentioned de gea so you’ve name dropped him into the reply to me for God knows why, but now we’re on the subject - Man U finished third with him last season so for you to say he’s washed out is also speculation.

Basing your opinion on stats from two games when the team is in it's most busy time of the season with the highest number of injuries is pure bullshit too. It's away games too which we haven't been good at this season.

My second paragraph wasn't intended for you specifically, which I thought was clear by how it was worded, but if he wasn't finished at the top level, why has no club come in for him you think?

Just now, Conjo said:

Basing your opinion on stats from two games when the team is in it's most busy time of the season with the highest number of injuries is pure bullshit too. It's away games too which we haven't been good at this season.

My second paragraph wasn't intended for you specifically, which I thought was clear by how it was worded, but if he wasn't finished at the top level, why has no club come in for him you think?

I read he’s turned a few down, might just be bollocks though

1 minute ago, Menace said:

2-3 signings and our players back in Jan and we'll be right as rain. If anything it should accelerate our transfers. All of a sudden a GK is top priority.

Agree, GK is an absolute priority in January. As we all know Pope’s absence is by and large the biggest hole in the squad right now with him being out for possibly the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

2-3 signings and our players back in Jan and we'll be right as rain. If anything it should accelerate our transfers. All of a sudden a GK is top priority.

Since the players with what though :lol:

10 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Yeah looks like it. What do you reckon we should change to sort it?

I dont know. Dont get payed millions in the football world. But I can see we have issues away from home, and the midfield was struggling today.