Tottenham Hotspur 4-1 Newcastle United (10/12/23)

Yorkie

Just now, Jonas said:

Fans can be shit then by the same definition and a lot of our fans support is shitter than any players.

Not sure commentating on a football forum counts as support tbh.  I fucking hate people pissing and moaning at the match - it can have a negative impact on the game.  Someone on the internet saying the full back has been shite literally has zero impact.

Support doesn’t mean writing non-stop positives comments online. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

No complaints. Absolute abject shite. We're obviously knackered but if that's the inevitable end result, you have to mix it up a bit and have some planning. Depressing seeing a team we know we can blast away at full strength pull out the tricks and flicks because we're nowhere near it. Probably still less depressing than the hot takes we'll get from the bad weather posters over the next few days though.

Dubravka: 3

Trippier: 4

Lascelles: 5

Schär: 4.5

Livramento: 5

Bruno: 5

Joelinton: 4

Miley: 5.5

Gordon: 5

Isak: 5

Almiron: 3

Trippier comfortably far worse than Dubravka, were 2-0 down due to him.

Drop a point for those on above a 3 as well.

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

No one has literally said we're getting relegated or suggested Bruce. People hyperbole more than the negative nancys.

Well no of course not, I’ve gone to the extremes. But plenty of posts about this being relegation form, that this is on Howe, that he doesn’t rotate enough. That Almiron is beyond shit, so is Dubravka. Trippier isn’t good enough, Miley isn’t good enough etc etc

But we win and Miley becomes the new Bellingham, Trippier the best right back in the game, Howe our manager until he dies. 

Just now, Gawalls said:

When did it happen then?

It's pure speculation whether he would or not. None of the goals we've conceeded I've thought "Pope would 100% save". Dubs has had a couple of saves/interactions where Pope potentially could have conceeded too.

Pope is a better keeper, but this narrative that is seeping in that Dubs is the main cause for the results in the last two games and that we're doomed unless we bring in a washed up De Gea who hasn't played a competitive match in 8 months is just wrong. 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Son is detestable 

I like him. Great player and seems a good character. He did a personal video for a daughter of a mate of mine who was suffering from brain cancer (sadly since diseased) and seemed to genuinely care. Nothing but respect for him on and off the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

No complaints. Absolute abject shite. We're obviously knackered but if that's the inevitable end result, you have to mix it up a bit and have some planning. Depressing seeing a team we know we can blast away at full strength pull out the tricks and flicks because we're nowhere near it. Probably still less depressing than the hot takes we'll get from the bad weather posters over the next few days though.

Dubravka: 3

Trippier: 4

Lascelles: 5

Schär: 4.5

Livramento: 5

Bruno: 5

Joelinton: 4

Miley: 5.5

Gordon: 5

Isak: 5

Almiron: 3

Jesus Christ, doing player ratings before the game has ended.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

It's pure speculation whether he would or not. None of the goals we've conceeded I've thought "Pope would 100% save". Dubs has had a couple of saves/interactions where Pope potentially could have conceeded too.

Pope is a better keeper, but this narrative that is seeping in that Dubs is the main cause for the results in the last two games and that we're doomed unless we bring in a washed up De Gea who hasn't played a competitive match in 8 months is just wrong. 

Would go for Ramsdale on loan personally