Newcastle United 3-0 Fulham (16/12/23) | Reaction: pg 33 | Goal-posts: OP

Disco

Hope that we we can be slightly more composed and calm in the 2nd half. We look slightly stressed and desperate. I fear that it might but us in the ass. We need tempo and variety but not to get naive and lose focus. I would put Hall on as he has progressive passing and good delivery. We don’t look close to scoring.  Come on!! Let’s do this! 

Just now, Oregon_Geordie said:

His stats agree. One of the most one-dimensional players I've seen for us.

We lack creativity, especially to unlock a team down to 10. Bruno is the only one who sees a pass. 

Longstaff is a waste of time in this game and we need to offer something other than the right-wing triangle move that is becoming predictable...

We should try to move him on in January tbh

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

He could have played more totally unproven academy players and give a sub keeper a run out.

Those moaning about a lack of rotation I bet wouldn't criticise at all the subsequent poor performance and likely loss if Howe did that.

I wouldn`t actually.

The fatigue was really setting in there in added time, moving the ball slowly and the tempo is way off our capable standard with a fitter squad. The options are so limited though, the freak injuries and bans really put alot of stress on our squad especially of course due to the standard of fitness needed to use this system to good effect. 

I have a feeling we’ll scrape this one in the end, and if we don’t I’m logging off here for the night :lol:

I don’t think we have a single player that is good 1v1? Unless there’s a lot of space to run into. High balls in to the box probably isn’t the way to go. Hard and low and hope that one bounces right? 

Front-three have been pretty bad for a while now. Almiron looks like he might benefit from 2 weeks off matches and a few shooting/passing drills. Don't think I've seen him hit a ball cleanly for about 5 matches. Miley and Krafth looking like our best players offensively this half.

All of our players having off the ball movement and pressing as their main attribute offensively is all well and good when they can run for 60 minutes, force mistakes and get subbed off. But we just aren't doing that, and we seem clueless in how to beat a settled back 4. Fulham haven't even defended well at all. There's loads of space but we just arent finding it. Next transfer windows really has to be about offensive quality.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It's ridiculous IMO. If they're going to enforce injury time like this then they probably need to reduce the game to 40 minute halves.

Players are playing way more in-play minutes than ever before.

It's just another utterly flawed directive from know-nowt governing bodies.