Newcastle United 3-0 Fulham (16/12/23) | Reaction: pg 33 | Goal-posts: OP

Disco

13 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

My favourite moment is during the second goal when Wilson is brought down for the penalty, he's still appealing for the penalty long after Miggy sticks the ball in the back of the net :lol: 

cut from the same cloth as shearer.

47 minutes ago, Lotus said:

When I watched MoTD I felt the Jimenez challenge was more a red than I did live. Was pretty reckless. 

To me the big thing was how little relationship the movement of the ball had with his challenge. It was almost two separate events.

Good win yesterday - I thought it was going to be one of 'those' games against 10men, after the first half. But 2nd - tempo lifted, thanks to Bruno's prompting from midfield. Really pleased for young Lewis Miley getting his first goal. He clearly has a massive future ahead of him, if he works hard and keeps his head down. :thup:

Captain obvious here, but just shows how a few injuries in a smallish squad can spiral out of control due to the extra demand on the remaining players.

Gordon and Isak have been off it for a few games so this info ties in with that. 

2 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Anyone else notice how you can't find any stats for ball in play this season? Now it's not a tactic of ours to slow games down its like it doesn't exist anymore.

https://theathletic.com/4837505/2023/09/07/timewasting-bookings-minutes-added/

The revised stance means Premier League games are lasting three minutes longer than last season. Perhaps more importantly, it means the ball has been in play for an average of 59 minutes and 21 seconds so far this season.

You’ll need an Opta account to see current data.

8 hours ago, Lotus said:

When I watched MoTD I felt the Jimenez challenge was more a red than I did live. Was pretty reckless. 

It was ridiculous. Connecting with Longstaffs head with his hip bone, could have done some lasting damage. 

11 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's a blatant red card, I accept he pulled his leg back so it wasn't even worse but look at where the ball is at all times it makes no sense what he is even doing 

Only thing I can think of is he was expecting Longstaff to try and knock the ball over him and run around the other side of him. Longstaff did the opposite. :lol:

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Only thing I can think of is he was expecting Longstaff to try and knock the ball over him and run around the other side of him. Longstaff did the opposite. :lol:

But even that why does he think a flying kick in the air is the way to go? :lol:

I guess he was still upset with the hit in the face from Lascelles moments earlier and saw red and by the time he realised it was too late