Newcastle United 3-0 Fulham (16/12/23) | Reaction: pg 33 | Goal-posts: OP

Disco

Just now, WideopenMag said:

Crying out for a goalscoring midfielder or wide man.

I mean we have Barnes. He’s just injured. 

our midfield is actually good. 

im not sure if what you are watching? 

Just now, Sufi said:

even if Barnes was fit, would you start him over Gordon? 

8 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I genuinely think the stupid amount of extra time isn’t helping mind. Some of the games are nudging 110 minutes. It’s got to adding to the tiredness and risk of soft tissue injury. 

Every team in the league is having/had an injury crisis this season. The daft extra time and winter world cup is fucking players up. 

Man even if we do win now, fucking hell 3 more injuries today that we didn't realise this morning, we're fucked in the next few weeks as the games are a lot harder than this one.

It's so disheartening, serious questions need asking, we'll be lucky to put a team out by the Time the FA Cup game rolls around, time for 4 more injuries by then

Guest reefatoon
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t complete a pass in the first half 

Don’t think the lone striker role is his game, needs a partner to do more of the donkey work for him.

Just now, NUFCDoog said:

Man even if we do win now, fucking hell 3 more injuries today that we didn't realise this morning, we're fucked in the next few weeks as the games are a lot harder than this one.

It's so disheartening, serious questions need asking, we'll be lucky to put a team out by the Time the FA Cup game rolls around, time for 4 more injuries by then

Are Luton and forest classes as harder than this one ?

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

People saying we've run out of ideas must be watching a different game to me, swear we've had 2/3 clear cut chances that we should have put in :lol: 

Chances aren't the problem. What Cost us the most point last season and this was composure, not being clinical enough and a sprinkling of bad luck/good defending/goalkeeping.

I wonder what our stats are for shots on target and off for outside the penalty area. Always going to have the mind skew to the negative but always seems the majority of shots go high and wide or gently into the keepers embrace! 

Probably been mentioned but can't check back on spotty SJP internet - Jiminez doesn't have much luck with VAR against us, if you remember when he scored against us for Wolves he did a stupid elaborate pirate celebration with a little telescope he'd hidden in his shorts, only for his goal to be VAR'd off and make him look like a prize twat. 

1 minute ago, Sufi said:

The fact that we're struggling to score from open play for 6 games in a row now? Maybe that. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Are Luton and forest classes as harder than this one ?

Luton away 100% with how they're playing, maybe not Forest but Chelsea and Liverpool are, and then there's fucking Sunderland and Man City, this time next month we might have the lasses playing for us.

3 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

1 minute ago, WideopenMag said:

The fact that we're struggling to score from open play for 6 games in a row now? Maybe that. 

just take it easy. It’s half time. We should win this match. If we don’t, then go off. But it’s a bit early. We are playing well 

Just now, Sufi said:

just take it easy. It’s half time. We should win this match. If we don’t, then go off. But it’s a bit early. We are playing well 

I am taking it easy whilst thinking we need a goalscorer midfielder and wide man into our side to improve.