Chelsea 1-1 Newcastle United (19/12/23) Chelsea win 4-2 on penalties

Yorkie

Full on meltdown in 3, 2, 1... :lol:

We beat City and Man Utd along the way, and were 2 minutes away from a result here.

We just need a deeper squad that can play at a high intensity and rotate. In time, that will come.

We're on the up. It's season 2 (full) of the project. We will get to where we need to be. We are still ahead of the curve.

Edited by BlazeT44

Was Ritchie’s first touch the penalty? :lol: 

I don’t care how crap Hall has been in training or him not fully understanding the system. You can bet he would have had more than 2-3 touches in 40 odd minutes on the pitch and contributed more than Ritchie. 

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Sick and tired of hearing the side are out of gas / knackered tbh

Last sub was made at 52 mins. Surely he could have put Murphy, Dummett or Hall in at the end? Just to run down the clock and to give a bit of energy. I just dont get it

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

This, Milan, PSG and Liverpool. Amazing the manner in which we've managed to lose these games, like [emoji38]

I think we must hold the world record for injury time goals conceeded.

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

True but we've been pretty crap away from home all season aside from 2 games and some of those games were before the injuries.

Maybe the away form should be better before the injuries, but those injuries are blatantly having massive impact on games like today. If Chelsea couldn't make their subs its highly likely we would have won in normal time.

Edited by hakka

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Livs could have come over to right and we had at least two options for left, tripps wasn’t our only lb choice. He got brought on cos he was tripps and it was the wrong choice.

Aye fair point, his reluctance with hall does seem odd.

25 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Trippier again man 

I've  said the same thing for about the last six games.  He's doing my head in.  You will all pile in on this and somewhat understandably but please, please give him a rest or ........... drop him.  He's been awful lately.

Trippier has personified the ethos of this team for so long but he may well be in serious need of a rest now. 

In truth, with the lack of possession we had, we could well have lost it way before penalties had we been playing a side better than Chelsea (and there's a lot of them out there). 

It's gutting, this was perhaps our best chance of success this season. if we can get some players back in time for the mackems, we might still be able to forget about tonight. But for now, it's a bastard. 

In the meantime, 3 PL games over Xmas including away games at Luton and Liverpool and home to Forest. Can we get at least 6 points from those? I dunno...! 

Just now, WideopenMag said:

No obviously not but it was a ridiculous thing to do and is now added to a list of fuck ups over recent weeks that have cost us. No point in being in denial about it and brushing it off as a daft mistake he's clearly in shocking form and needs a spell out the team.

To be honest, we only led because their CB did the same stupid shit.